My impressions of the cart witnessing

by Sour Grapes 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I have watched tons of YouTube videos of our exJdub friends approaching and talking to the JDub manikins at their carts as they give a great witness to the world by sipping their hot lattes, updating their social media, chit chatting to each other, and the most important thing of getting their time in, counting their hours.

When the JW's see someone approach with a camera they do several things, They will turn their backs on the person, or look at the person with a frown and act like the person isn't even there. The Witlesses refuse to answer simple, clear, and precise questions. When I was an elder I loved to get into discussions and debates with Trinitarians, priest, clergymen and those who were born again. I relished the opportunity to prove that I had the truth. Today all they can say is that you can get answers at JWORG.

The JDubs look so pathetic, uncaring, ignorant, and just plain stupid as they just stand there ignoring all attempts of the ExJDub to talk with them. Some of the JW's look like Satan himself is standing in front of them. The Witnesses I am sure will brag about the persecution they receive from these apostates.

The question is if they have the truth why won't they stand up with some backbone and defend their desert god and the teachings of their 8 popes?

It is a very sad religion that no one deserves.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Many true words . The whole cart thing seems lacklustre and an exercise in counting time. Few members of the public approach them, and they in turn, appear totally uninterested in the public.Most of the time it seems they're on their mob phone or chatting to each other without any warmth or appeal to the public.

What once was a dynamic and challenging witnessing work with at least some sense of urgency and genuine sincerity by older long time witnesses, has now degenerated to an apathetic futile exercise. In our time, we were encouraged to seek out the public and look for ways to interact with them....as it was held up to be a life saving work with time running out..now it's a take it easy, chill out,watch the clock and go home monotony..

ATMs have more personality.....!

• Simon
    Simon

The entire system focuses on counting time as the main priority, not any other concrete result, so they get what they measure.

It's less about recruiting people and more about isolating those that are in and keeping them busy.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I would think that they if they knew they had life saving truths and that they want to help people by teaching in public, they would welcome people who are asking questions and would be glad they are broadcasting the message. YouTube could offer them free advertizing, without the costs of JWTV.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Such a strategic move by the WT.

Create a SUPER easy way for followers to count time - not interact with people - and have such an easy story to spin how you want to.

They can make any kind of story up about how great Tart Witnessing is without any verification.

• steve2
    steve2

I think ex-JW cart activists have inadvertently given JWs an additional powerful reason to continue cart work:

Opportunities to test their endurance in the face of apostate opposition in what would otherwise be a pedestrian exercise in boredom.

Members of high control religious groups love few things as much as anything that seems like persecution. You can smell the bracing indignation blocks away.

Ironic, though, that the "test" involves ignoring the only individuals who ever approach them.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The Cartian Overlappers don't show any urgency. Now if you ask them if the end is near and if their message is urgent they will always say yes.

• steve2
    steve2

Now if you ask them if the end is near and if their message is urgent they will always say yes.

If you have to ask someone if their message is urgent, it ain't urgent.

In the old days, JWs made it very plain by their zeal and dedication that the end was near and the message was urgent. You didn't have to ask.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Good point Steve

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

The Organisation will slowly turn into a usual religion where people go because their parents used to go. We might wonder why they are not eager enough to defend their views. Because the majority of JW fully understand that the organisation is just humans club that has nothing to do with God. Why are they still there we might ask? Parents, family, friends and fear that are the reasons. I am not disfellowshiped yet, I haven't done anything bad. But a few weeks ago when JW fully understood that I am not planning to change my mind I had crazy reaction from so called brothers and sisters. I received horrible full of hate text messages. I lost instantly dozens of friends on FB and IG. Do I care? No I don't. I am happy I am out. I just feel sad for brothers and sisters who have to go to the meetings and pretend they love it only because they are afraid to experience what I had a few weeks ago. Very sad 😪

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit