A question for you women; what was it really like for you being in the Org?

by Tallon 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Charlie Brown has something to say about all this.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Spiral: My sister says, "the silver sword being sister proof" is to imply that "sisters" are always messing up their bibles (coffee, lipstick, dropping, crumming) (she says they probably got a great deal on the gray covers, and had to make an excuse for it)

• blondie
    blondie

If the elders tried to correct me on anything that I thought was unscriptural, I reminded them that as a single sister I appreciate their "concern" but Jehovah was my head - so if you have an issue with something, take it up with him. That usually shut them up for a bit. :smile:

Della Street, I used that all the time, usually did not need to twice with the same elder. I finally found a quote about this as well as consulting a CO about it and he agreed with me.

I'll keep looking for that quote...love, Blondie.

Add: Numbers 30:9-11

In the case of an Israelite woman God’s law through Moses stated: “In the case of the vow of a widow or a divorced woman, everything that she [without a husband as her head] has bound upon her soul will stand against her. “However, if a woman imposed the vow or the abstinence vow on herself while in the house of her husband and her husband heard it and has not objected or disapproved, all her vows or any abstinence vow that she imposed on herself will stand.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vidiot that women go back to being - for all intents and purposes - property.
    (And I have some theories about why, but that's a whole 'nother thing.)

I'd be interested to hear your theory Vidiot....sounds interesting!

• Spiral
    Spiral

@cha ching (about sisters messing up their bibles).

The sisters do most of the preaching work, and yet the brothers feel free to insult them.

BTW, I don't believe I ever saw a sister ruin her bible with lipstick. Ridiculous.

I can't believe any ever stay in this organization.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

If you are attractive the Elders are much harder on you because you are turning them on and they cant handle it! (no pun intended) :-D x

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Diogenesister - "I'd be interested to hear your theory Vidiot....sounds interesting!"

I don't know if "interesting" is the word I'd use.

"Unpleasant", actually... it definitely doesn't paint a lot of us guys in a very positive light.

I actually kinda wish I hadn't mentioned it.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

There really is no place for you if you are an intelligent woman. Your future is either marrying (a ministerial servant or elder preferably) or becoming a pioneer.

None of these paths appealed to me. If you happened to be in a spanish congregation it was 100% worse. We had people who had gotten married at 16 or 17 in their home country so you can imagine the matchmaking and searching for a good christian wife that was going on as soon as someone was in their teens. Every assembly was like a meat market. Someone actually came up to my mom and asked if I knew how to cook. I was 18.

There literally was no place for you if you actually had a brain and were a girl unless you dumbed yourself down. Alot.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

I am sure it would paint alot of guys in an unpleasant light!

But, I was raised in the US where women are free. I noticed the attitudes in the Witness religion towards intelligent women. I didn’t feel this was my concern.

On this same topic, certain immigrants from other cultures hate independent or intelligent women - meanwhile fathers paid for their daughters’ education so they can have a career and be independent...I’ll be very honest. I do not care how distressed ANY man is about intelligent and outspoken women. They can be distressed to the point of suicide for all I care.

If anybody thinks they are going to take things backwards, well they may just have a revolution or civil war on their hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit