What Makes A Person A Potential "Apostate"?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

A person who can ask rational questions, and not take anything else but the answers to them.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

When you begin to figure out that the borg has the same "sins" that other religious organizations have and that they hide thier mistakes it is only a matter of time that you lose the good conscience of speaking about this wonderful organization to others. Then you may feel angry that you've been fooled. It is not being an apostate as much as having the freedom to speak the truth. The truth hurts those who lie and those that believe lies. I always wondered why the borg was so afraid of apostates, after all the truth should stand alone, even with a conflicting opinion.

• minimus
    minimus

"Evil apostates" twist people's minds and make them go crazy!.....Apostates are evil and from the Devil. They know how to use MIND CONTROL.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn
    wednesday said: Until recently i have avoided the doctrinal threads. I now read them and my eyes are wide open for the first time in so many years. not only are jws UNLOVING, which i knew, but they are just WRONG.

BINGO! welcome to the Matrix Wednesday!

Critical Thinking ability is right on too!

And yes emotional scandal can knock you off your feet, but whether you stay a 'believer' who is just 'stumbled' depends on the intellectual betrayal you discover or not.

The heart might take you out, but the brain keeps you out. And this is why I do not trust the sensationally emotional issues, like child abuse, to make a real and lasting difference. There will need to be some hard hitting FAST follow up to keep people from returning to the vomit. Education and Information!

Ravyn

• minimus
    minimus

Ravyn, I agree with you but I am surprised to see how many people leave because of emotional issues. The question is, if the Society changed their view, would these persons go back?

• Francois
    Francois

Damn. TJ beat me to it. I was gonna say "about 2 pounds of gray matter that you use independantly and all by yourself to come up with original thought. This gray matter is found between your ears and most people have it and use it absent permission from some ancient 'brain trust' which claims to have the key to this gray matter."

This is scary. I been looking all over for parts of my skin to turn brown, but no luck. TJ, you better look your self over and see if anything is happening to you.

Francois

What part of the country/world produces the most apostates than the others? Thinking minds want to know. And this is just the kind of information the society would know right down to the square foot.

• minimus
    minimus

There are more "apostates" in Scandanavia because they is smarta than we is.

• Carmel
    Carmel

What would you do with the exact information if I gave it to you?

caveman of the "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies" class

• Carmel
    Carmel

Mini,

For the majority of humanity, (Europeans are no exception) religious belief is based 95% on emotional issues and 5% on rational, defendable logic. Take for instance the literal ressurrection. How many JUU's beleive it because it is a warm fuzzy comforting idea in spite of the fact that it is irrational, illogical and at best limited in its defensibility as a religious doctrin. Likewise the physical assention of Jesus. Most Xtians claim that without these central doctrins, they would have no religion (faith). And indeed, they don't only emotionalism.

carmel preparing for the wrath of ....santa clause

• minimus
    minimus

I would call Caveman's elders and immediately report it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit