The Bible speaks of the "Unforgivable Sin" ? What is it ?

by smiddy3 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    the "Unforgivable Sin" ? What is it ?

If you were to ask Tony Morris, he'd probably say it was finishing off the last of the McCallan without offering to buy him some more.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Unforgivable sin?? Claiming to be directed by Gods Holy Spirit and misleading millions of people with misinformation about him and continuing to do so decade after decade even when time has proven you to be a fraud.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Buying Top Scotch instead of being at a Sunday meeting.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

King David wilfully sinned more than once, including but not limited to adultery and murder. He can't claim blissful ignorance, he had direct access to Gods prophet, and yet he seems to have been forgiven and holds an esteemed position in the lineage of the messiah.

Of course, a lot of other people lost their lives because of his actions but that's a story for another time. 🙄

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

No body really knows....except it’s something you can do against the Holy Spirit.

If it’s so grievous a sin....why didn’t the Bible writers make it clearer exactly what it involves???🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit: I do tend to think @truthBknown is probably the closest answer.

Of course the cynic in me thinks the writers purposely obfuscated, to make it any sin your priests/elder/superior deems it to be, at the time, if you get on the wrong side of them😒

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is obvious they are trying to install fear with this. Anyone that "willfully" sins is said to "sin against the holy spirit". Which keeps people in line, preventing them from ever leaving this cancer--which would require willful "sin".

In fact, it actually requires renouncing that filthy spirit to sin against it. You actually have to renounce the filthy butt-holy spirit, which is in fact worthless and leads you into stagnation and being enslaved. Most jokehovians that simply defy the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, even willfully, do not do this. (And never appreciate that this filthy butt-holy spirit is actually the spirit that has cursed us since judaism, and later xianity and islam, have befouled this planet).

And what is not to renounce with this filthy spirit? It has cursed us all--reducing our very lifespans from the 800 or 900 year range to the paltry 70, or in extreme cases 80, years. It has made trouble for everyone. It is responsible for the hard work we all must do--upwards of 80 hours per week, for next to nothing. It is why we have lost science, and have in its place superstitions (including the superstitions that a mask will save Grandma from dying from coronavirus). It has stopped anyone from actually fixing anything--sure they talk the talk, but no one is able to legally do anything to fix it. Is that the spirit you wish to serve? If you actually sin against the "holy(??)" spirit, you are sinning against this arrangement and the Noahide Laws to come.

• overlap_great.crowd
    overlap_great.crowd

hi,

this is a very serious problem among JWs and ex.

I want to mention with Honor the video by Daniel Wiebe that helped me to answer the question about the unforgivable sin,and how its liberating to know well about this argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aknV7wCtX8k

• Gma-return
    Gma-return

I was taught it was apostasy

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I hear from preachers that the unforgivable sin is unbelief in Jesus and refusing to bow your knee and accept that only Jesus can save you. If you reject Christ, you die in your sins (according to the scriptures) thus making you unforgiven. It's pretty clear that Jesus is the way and it's a really simple formula I don't understand why so many reject it. Maybe they aren't chosen?

• jhine
    jhine

I don't think that it's one particular sin , after all Jesus starts by saying " every kind of sin CAN be forgiven , but anyone who speaks out against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven ."

However to have a sin forgiven you have to repent and ask for forgiveness . In 1 John 5 : 11- 12 we are told " God has given us eternal life , and this life is in his Son . Who ever has the Son has life , who ever does not have the Son does not have life "

As many have pointed out Jesus made his statement to the Pharisees who were accusing him , basically, of being in league with the devil .

Therefore they WILL NOT listen to his teaching , repent of their sins , ask forgiveness and receive Him into their lives as saviour . So they are rendering themselves unforgivable.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit