venting alert.....did you ever have one of those days....

by tinkerbell82 42 Replies latest jw friends

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

...er I meant "hug"

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Tink))

I'm glad you're feeling better, hon. Wish I could have gone shopping with you. I did a little shopping today...bought 2 yards of fabric. WOOHOO!! Is that exciting or what?!?! ohh!!! OHH!! and a sewing box (50% off)!!!

holy schmoly...will the excitement ever end??

Lisa

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yes, I used to have those days, although infrequently. It is called PMS and I am so happy that I have had a complete hysterectomy. Wait a minute, I am not happy that I had the hysterectomy because now I cant have children. Now I miss the PMS and would trade in the hot flashes for it any day of the week.

Now I'm sad and grumpy. Guess I'll go eat chocolate.

R

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

puttytat - er, i mean chichi thanks pal, that gave me a big grin!

arrowstar, we'll go shopping together one day, by hook or by crook!

rob- nah, not pms....just a moody blah day

• Francois
    Francois

I don't know if you lovelies know this, but a nice plate of fresh pasta with your favorite toping can reall work wonders. A good heavy load of carbs can molllify the FTS ogre really quickly (We don't have PMS down south, we have FTS: Fixin' To Start) and the men of the south, all gallant to the very last one, have been researching this problem since the end of the War of the Northern Agression. We'll do anything to hep (that's southern too) our ladies out during these tense times. Give you perfumed baths; body rubs with natural perfume essences; foot massages with perfumed oils; shampoos with fruit scented shampoo, followed by a warm conditioner with, say apple pectins in it. And although we make contact with your heavenly bodies, we would never without invitation, attempt to enter therein during these trying times absent invitation. When we're done, you're ready for introduction in the courts of the most discriminating shiek of the Ottoman Empire.

Personally, I like those simple but knowing women, like SP for instance, who can be cured by a simple hard pop in the hay and they're ready to take on the world. I want one of those types for me. Where do I get one?

Do you ladies know that men have exactly such days as you, brought on by exactly the same reasons? Yes. And you could build bonds each and every month if you would think about giving them the same treatment you desire at those times.

Just a suggestion.

francois

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Francois

I do know that men need that kind of pampering every bit as much as women. I'm a firm believer. Generally, then don't expect it and are caught off-guard. I was asked, "Why are you doing this? Why are you spoiling me?" "Because you need it, baby. Now hush and relax."

Lisa

• Robdar
    Robdar

rob- nah, not pms....just a moody blah day

Tink, sorry I mis-diagnosed how you were feeling. The few days I feel like that, I sketch or write poetry. Are you an artist? If so, my I recommend doing a little art work? If not, here, have some chocolate brownies....

Hope it's all better today for you.

Love,

R

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have had days that start off the worst! Like being half a sleep and walking out to get the paper and stepping in a hugh pile of doggie do...and I don't even own a dog! Then once you deal with that you find no more coffee or some other thing that helps you kick start your brain! I have had mornings that just pile one thing after another to the point where I just start to laugh! Then I ask the boss. (me) if I can just take the day off, (I usually let me)! Any one thing does not mean the whole day is down the tubes! But once in a while all of the hundred or so things I do in any given day just go to shit! The one good thing about that is I know it will be awhile before the gods conspire against me again! If I am just plain not feeling good, then I just suffer through it and stay away from everyone I love! Maverick Hang in there Tink and eat chocolate!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

thanks for all the sympathy, etc. :) francois' post made me all in the mood to be pampered, which sadly i did NOT get (hmph! very peeved at boyfriend right now!)

• obiwan
    obiwan

Tink if it's pampered you need, Walmart has huggies on sale.

BTW, I give very good foot rubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit