Interpretation of Scripture

by chacha 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kes152
    kes152

regarding pomegranate's quoted scriptures:

John 5:39-40

39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

You CANNOT study the scriptures and "get life" by means of them. You must personally GO TO Him and ASK him for the promised holy spirit so that you can have everlasting life bubbling up INSIDE you. This is how you get life. And you 'sustain' that life by eating the body (bread) and drinking the blood (wine) of our Lord.

John 4:14
    John 6:53-58
    Matthew 26:26-28

Matt 11:27
    no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

This is NOT talking about recieving "revelations" of the scriptures. This is about going before the Father and having the Father revealed to you. Not one person, can know the Father unless the Father is personally "revealed" to him.

And in order for the Father to be revealed to him, the Son must WANT to reveal his Father to that one. But! Before the Son reveals the Father, the Son must "reveal" himself first. And i am not talking about "knowing about who he really is" but about actually "seeing" and "experiencing" him to the degree of "coming to KNOW him as you would know an intimate friend.

John 14:21

When his word remains in you and you abide in him (John 6:56) then he will love you and according to HIS time, plainly show himself to you.

and just as 1 John 2:27 says

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that ANY MAN teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

When you recieve this anointing and obey his words that he speaks in "low tones" you will literally be "taught ALL THINGS." Whenever you have a question, you can ask him, and he answers just as fast as you can ask. As you "remain in union" with him by eating and drinking as often as possible, you "hear" more and you get closer to him, more. You get to know what its like, being Him as opposed to you. He is very humble, and will never force anything on you. If you are honest, he ALWAYS forgives you and stays with you.

It is an awesome thing to have, and by holy spirit, let anyone who is THIRSTING, come and DRINK this holy spirit, so you may NEVER get thristy at all!

Peace to you all,
    Aaron

• Phil
    Phil

If the Words of the Bible are the words of God written by inspired people, then the only person that can and should interpret those words must also be inspired. I know of no living soul on earth that is so endowed including Seventh day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses or the Pope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit