Are you ever taken aback by what some here have said to you ?

by berylblue 72 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Tink, shut up, I hate you! LOL

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

LOL SP!!! does this mean i'm no longer a mean-comment virgin?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Cherry's gone. .. .

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

hmph, and where was dr on this one? he's supposed to protect my virtue like a good brother! he is in so much trouble!! :P

• gumby
    gumby
    Sorry Gumby.......I know you will forgive me....lol

No way hosea! You are permanantly on my big poop list

Of course I forgive you......as long as you don't ever buy Brie cheese

Gumby

• jgnat
    jgnat

Been There, I am sorry you had such a nasty experience. A couple of times passing comments tossed my way made me angry. Both times I went away from the board for about 48 hours.

Vented.
    Steamed.
    Stewed.
    Simmered.
    Got over it.

Especially at the beginning of my experience in JWD, I had a huge rush of feeling. Every emotion was sharper, stronger. I think I was working through some repressed emotions, and this board became a very important tool to my recovery. But it is not all good to put one's emotional eggs all in one basket. To expose my heart meant also exposing myself to be hurt. On the other hand, I am willing to expose myself to a little hurt on the way to healing.

The rush of hostility poured out on Ugg, when she tentatively spoke out about the abuse she suspected in her very own home, shamed me. Angry posters should have stepped away from their keyboards for a day or two, and done a little bit of history checking on this sweet lady, IMO. I notice that thread is gone. Good. I hope the board has learned from experiences like that, and that we now take a little time to know our neighbours before we lash out.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I have been blind-sided by false accusations, presumption of intentions I did not have, and wrong motives imputed to me that were unfair and unkind ... but it has been rare. And so far I have worked things out with everyone I have ever locked horns with ... with one exception.

People forget that the written word on a live forum is single dimensional. The writer can be joking or using wit, and the reader can see it as something painful or mean ... this is because absent the writer's body langauge and tone of voice, we unconsciously overlay how we would feel using certain words ... and this tricks us into being pissed off at what others write ...

Sometimes our perceptions are correct. Sometimes we run into assholes Mule Anal Orfices. But the good news is, almost everyone sees the person for what they are, and in time they get the boot. The trick is to hold off feeling pissed until we can find out what the other person really meant ... so we can stay away from a war ... and that is hard to do all the time.

But, I think that the nearly 10,000 registered users here do very well all in all. Jim W.

• teejay
    teejay

Yeah, what Amazing said.

• nowisee
    nowisee

oh sure, yeah. there have been a couple of responses out of left field that i sat down and analyzed (or tried to) for hours. i just couldn't figure out where they were coming from or why they seemed to single me out for vermin and vitriol. oh well.....

i must say, though, that at times those responses just seem to be in keeping with that particular poster's character....

what has puzzled me as much or maybe evey more is when you are moved by sincere sympathy, and you try to offer comfort, compassion, understanding and love, and then it is not even acknowledged....

oh well again......

• berylblue
    berylblue
    won't be sharing anything anytime soon.

Been There..I alway enjoy your posts. Please know that. I understand why you would feel that way.

Early on, there was a thread about "Are good manners a thing of the past" or something like that. I thought I was being the epitome of pithy comments when I posted back, "F no, you idiot" I hurt the original poster's feelings, and I felt so terrible I was in tears. I didn't put any emoticon in, you see, and I think he thought I meant it. It was supposed to be a witty retort,but it didn't come off that way. I ran away and hid for a while. The OP did forgive me, but I still felt terrible. So I was away for a few weeks. But it's difficult to stay away.

I'm glad you're here. Whether or not you post.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit