Are you ever taken aback by what some here have said to you ?

by berylblue 72 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

As in ....you post something you feel is rather innocuous, or sincere, or perhaps revealing something rather private and honest and candid, and someone blows you away with a nasty comment?

I am not speaking of heated debates. If one participates in those, one expects to receive passionate replies which may sometimes hurt. I am not often offended by those.

I'm speaking of just out of the blue hearing something totally off the wall and hurtful in response to something sincere you have written.

• rem
    rem

I hate it when that happens.

rem

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Are you ever taken aback by what some here have said to you?

berylblue

No, not yet, but I'm a n00b.

Although I have almost pissed my pants and spit water all over my monitor from some the funny things people say here.

• berylblue
    berylblue

It's only happened to me twice; each time, I was stunned. Never heard a peep from the persons before the hurtful comment, nor since. Didn't even know they knew I existed.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes - I've been burned down in flames once. Ooouch! I never mean to offend anyone. These text messages are so difficult to say what you really "feel".

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes, I got slammed big time, by a poster who didn't know me, and who was a fairly new poster. I felt it was totally uncalled for.

It was when we could email directly, and I emailed her and asked why she did that. She apologized.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Nope cause I'm a passionate person and tend to post that way. When you spit out emotional diatribes you tend to get the same in kind. I've been ad hominem attacked a few times but I just laughed it off.

~Aztec

• Valis
    Valis

hi beryl...you still gotta have the spiritual armor on dontcha know!...Yeah sometimes people make odd comments, but you know, with such a mixed group you never know what is going to trigger someone. People who say things to hurt you are one thing, but someone who just flips the olde wig you just gotta let em get it out...don't take any of it too seriously or you'll end up like me....*LOL* As Forest Bump once said..."Life is like a box of dirty needles. You never know what you're gonna get..."eheh...Have a good evening and don't let it get you down..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nilfun
    nilfun

Berylblue, maybe you could send them a pm (or if you desire more privacy ask them to email you) & ask them "why?" like Mulan did. I think that might be a good way to clear things up between you and the other person (hopefully). They might not be aware of how hurtful their comments were to you. ((BerylB))

• Maverick
    Maverick

I've had a few head up your a** type comments, but I usually just let them go. I've had two PM's that read me the riot act. You post, you put your neck out and some will take a whack at it! Once in a while I've given in back and I always regret it. Turned out when I read up on the person who pissed me off...I like them! I try to live by the 24 rule. I don't respond for 24 hours, then I've had time to think about it and most times say, " Ah the hell with it!" Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit