Theocratic Ministry School cancelled. Why?

by the girl next door 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Is it possible this aspect of the meeting was cancelled so that JWs would not be categorized as a "school" where in many areas elders and ministerial servants would have to submit to a background check by secular authorities?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

At least not in North America, else where may be a different story.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I believe that is the reason, as some have said on this site. In reality, that meeting still exists; they have parts with counsel using the same book. I think it was for legal reasons; they just needed to remove the word "school", and since they were doing that, they rearranged things a little.

I think it's not only so appointed men won't have to submit to background checks, but also, because they think they won't be legally liable (or as liable) if something happens at a meeting if they don't have the word "school" in the name of the meeting.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the past they have always bragged about their "schools" and the extensive "education" being given to every JW, and esp to those in positions (pioneer school, elders school). Thus, I think it's clear that it had to be some very significant reason for them to dump the "Ministry School". We all know that with WTS it's all about the money! Legal had to have some serious concerns for the liability there would be with minor children in their "schools". Wait and see if the "Pioneer School" changes, as there are always young pioneers in that as well.

Doc

Follow the Money!

• WireRider
    WireRider

Funny.

The Watchtower has never had a Theocratic Ministry School.

Russell and the Watchtower are followers of Arius. Excommunicated from the Catholic Church in 320 AD. Ordered that he be excommunicated, banished, and all his works to be burned. The New Testament is very specifically a collection of books that refute his teachings. The Bible is in fact exactly opposite of everything Arius and the Watchtower ever taught. The Bible is the opposite of the Watchtower - by plan an design.

How would they have a school of Theology? The Bible forbid them and all false prophets. They are not even allowed to use the Bible - they were excommunicated in 320 AD.

• millie210
    millie210

I got a text that it is being said that the reason they did that was because of new rules requiring background checks of teachers in religious settings?

Anyone else hear this or can verify?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    That is exactly what I was wondering. I can not imagine that would be an "official" Watchtower statement or admission.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    It sure would be nice if there was some kind of correspondence or something found on the internet that shows that religious institutions are being required to have background checks for those with schools now or soon.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

WireRider, your continual attempts to preserve the concept of 'true' Christianity by denigrating the Watchtower as a non-christian heresy are nothing more than repeated examples of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

It's getting tiring.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Ok, just a little tid bit here. The Catholic church does there own background checks on their own people already. Check this out...

Since 2002, when its current sexual misconduct policies were put in place, the archdiocese has offered training to about 70,000 adult lay workers, conducted 105,000 background checks on clergy, staff and volunteers; and provided over 100,000 children with “age-appropriate lessons to help keep them safe.’’

http://www.startribune.com/under-fire-archbishop-scrambles-to-respond/226613311/

And here's another interesting note. If the average pay out for the Catholic's will be anything like what the WT has to deal with in the future, they are some serious doo doo.

The average victim settlement for all the other US church bankruptcies when you subtract one third for attorney fees is $300,000.

http://fox6now.com/2015/08/04/archdiocese-of-milwaukee-21m-settlement-reached-to-compensate-clergy-sex-abuse-survivors/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit