Ever get the feeling your just not "normal"?

by logansrun 58 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Even when I was a dub I felt this way. I mean, I would just stand there at gatherings and feel that I was in my own world -- that, somehow, everyone else was "in" and I was "out." I never felt this way at formal gatherings -- meetings, assemblies, etc -- only in most social settings.

I'm in college now and usually am the person in class that is the most vocal -- asks the most questions, takes the lead in group projects, stays behind to ask more questions. But, put me in a "non-formal" setting and I just lose it. Sure, I'm comfortable with my close friends (which stand at about two people right now ), but everyone else -- they're in a different universe.

I'm probably not being very specific and I hate to be so whiney. Been a bad day. Hell, been a bad life! hehe...j/k (sort of).

Bradley

• sens
    sens

((((Bradley))))

Yer i think this way all the time...but your normal im sure...

I think most of the time ...normal = boring anyhow lol

3 Sens 4

• blondie
    blondie

Normal, what's normal. When I took sociology 101, our instructor laid out a graph line and plotted all the data. Then he highlighted was was average/normal. Very little data feel into that area. So average/normal statistically doesn't exist in the real world.

Your heart will lead you, Bradley; and your real friends will love you.

Blondie

• logansrun
    logansrun

blondie,

Yes, yes....I know "normal" is not the most scientifically accurate term to use. This is my emotional, lean on me thread, not my logic chopping "I'm going to whip your brain's ass" thread" teehee

Bradley

• jgnat
    jgnat

What is normal? I was raised by a bipolar mother. Ex husband, son and son-in-law are all schizophrenic, married a man with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I guess that makes me an "enabler". We are all just people bumbling on the best we can. I think that feeling of being apart, distinct, in group situation is a common feeling. Especially amongst us brainiacs that overanalyze everything, including social encounters.

He, he, Blondie. Let's co-write a book on abnormal family life...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Bradley. Nothing 5-6 strong drinks can't fix! Then I turn into my alter-ego Gilligan, you know everbody's little buddy!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I used to always question this. I always felt that something was wrong with me. I wondered if I was mentally handicapped, abnormally slow, incredibly ugly, etc. I always felt somewhat along. I had a really low self esteem of myself up till age 19. This feeling started to go away after I stopped attending meetings and began fitting in with crowds of worldly people.

• logansrun
    logansrun

jgnet,

That's interesting. I have often wondered if there is a negative correlation between intelligence and social abilities...in other words: more intelligent -- less social.

Bradley

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have met people who are social geniuses. They just have a different part of their brain overdeveloped.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Nosferatu,

See! That's the thing. I don't "fit in" with "worldly people" either...well, except most of you apostates and my professors. I'm starting to think friends will be few and far between....and, perhaps that's OK.

Shit, at least I'll always have Jack.

Bradley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit