need help

by ttwho 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ttwho
    ttwho

Dark clouds
    If you have any theories then please share them, this a baffled me for years

• Liberty
    Liberty

Please read my post to you titled,"Demonic attacks and other wierdness for Ttwho" posted before you wrote this one.

• You Know
    You Know

The Scripture says that Satan stalks Christians like a roaring lion. You experienced that first hand. Unfortunately you allowed him to intimidate you, and apparently, he devoured your faith. Yet as Paul said, you had not resisted as far as blood. But since you have given in to their pressure there is no reason for the demons to continue to harass you once you left the truth. That's what they wanted you to do and no doubt they have moved on looking for other game. / You Know

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

[q]"LoveDubs
    I must admit I had no idea what Bipolar was or that it is related to depression, I can freely concede to being depressed but, and I ask this in all sincerity, how can this generate such specific experiences? it only has ever happened when I’m asleep, being unable to move, etc, etc what I trying to say is what most people are describing sounds like two steps from a breakdown, like being SO depressed that your life stops or grinds to a slow crawl, all through this I got through college, became a microsoft certified professional, became IT manager of a law firm and now I’m enjoying fatherhood, could someone with the level illness that is being described be capable of such accomplishments"[/q]

Absolutely. "This illness is as old as humankind, and has probably been conserved in the human genome because it confers great energy and originality of thought. People who have had it have literally changed the course of human history: Manic-depression has afflicted (and probably fueled the brilliance of) people like Isaac Newton, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Theodore Roosevelt, Johann Goethe, HonorŽ de Balzac, George Frederic Handel, Ludwig von Beethoven, Robert Schumann, Leo Tolstoy, Charles Dickens, Virginia Woolf, Ernest Hemingway, Robert Lowell, and Anne Sexton."

(see http://cbshealthwatch.health.aol.com/aolmedscape/p/G_Library/article.asp?RecID=210010&ContentType=Library)

This is not a fatal or debilitating or untreatable condition by any means. The people that I know who have had this are fully functioning and very intelligent. It just manifests itself in odd behaviors. It might behoove you to check it out. Because I know my mother in law was highly positive when finally diagnosed, I am watching my children's behaviors for symptoms.

I am only trying to be sincere in this. I used to do medical transcription for Childrens Memorial Hospital in Chicago, the Psychiatric Unit...and after a few years of that, recognized my young brother in law was manifesting many of the symptoms and responses of a child with ADHD. But I was met with anger and resentment when I broached the subject of his behavior patterns with my inlaws...and I did so kindly and very gradually. It wasnt until his behavior was questioned repeatedly at school did he finally get diagnosed. And...it turns out his father has it too. So now, with my mother in laws diagnosis, it could be that M is indeed bipolar, but the symptoms mock each other. And now both M, his mother and the doctors and teachers know what is going on and can treat it...and M especially, now knowing what is going on with him, is working with his treatment and not feeling so different any more. His mother also disassociated from the JWs and M is now living a normal life as a teen...a huge factor.

I am only now starting to do my research on this.

• Farkel
    Farkel

You have just validated the old sage that "no good deed goes unpunished."

: Why would someone who is not affiliated with any region or hasn’t spoken to god need to feel important to god?

Ad hominem. You are attacking the messenger, not the message.

: Regardless of how you feel the REAL reason for this post is justified in your very response.

See my first comment.

: I assume that you have in the past or still hold some spiritual awareness, and yet look at how you are responding to me!!!

Yeah, you mean giving you advice you didn't want to hear? You asked for advice, you got it from several people and now you're attacking the very people who are trying to help you.

: If this is how YOU are responding then how would someone with little to no spiritual awareness react?

So that presupposes that you have more than just a "little" spiritual awareness, doesn't it? Yet, what you call "spiritual awareness" most people call "superstition."

: Shortly after posting this I found another post where lots of people are posting their experiences, not one person there is trying to convince them that they have a brain tumor!!!!

Once again, you will only be happy with responses that validate your claims. In otherwords, you don't want any advice at all. You want agreement.

: After reading their posts it made me realise that I’m not crazy, ill, or in need of a trusted friend watch me while sleep, your hostility toward me is unfounded.

"Hostility?" "No good deed goes unpunished," but then I already said that.

I would consider someone insane or at least brainwashed into abject superstition if they wouldn't even CONSIDER getting a medical opinion on a disorder that is not that uncommon and is treatable. Then, you've got this nonsense about yelling out God's name when you are in trauma. How is that any different than having a necklace of garlic cloves around your neck or waving a big silver cross around? Besides that, no one even knows HOW to pronounce God's name, but surely "Jehovah" is not correct. Even the WTS has conceded that.

: If I needed “someone to validate your theory that associating with JWs led you to demonic attack. If this fantasy comforts you or you need that fantasy to feel important to God,” then I wouldn’t have left!

You may have left with WT, but it hasn't left you. I will join with the others and encourage you to see a doctor who specializes in those types of sleep disorders. Look at it this way: it can't hurt.

I suspect you'll find a way to "punish" my good deed, too, huh?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit