need help

by ttwho 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ttwho, my friend, if it is "all in your head", you will never know unless you are at least open to the idea that it is "all in your head".

Of course, no one wants to admit that that could possibly be true in their particular case. But think about it, things like this have proven to be "all in the head" of other people, so why not you. Please don't be so arrogant you screw yourself out of a normal, happy life. Don't be so needy you listen to You Know (it's all in his head for sure!).

Your pet theory on what your problems are have obviously not helped you. I suggest you out think this problem. You can put words together quite well, you are smart enough to fight this.

Ps. on re-reading your story, I got the idea that you could also be a rabid anti JW/fundy type who wished to play on peoples fear of demons. Something about the way this stuff happens only when you have been around JW's. True, that could easily be pyschosomatic. Or demons.

• Tina
    Tina

actually who,
    mommieD is spot on. What you described is sleep paralysis and terrors.
    You reject any other explanation out of hand,because you're determined and looking for validation of a demonic answer. Aint no such thing. I suggest you read up on these experiences,you will find everything you mentioned in them.
    And the ad hominem wasnt necessary,but folks like you who dont hear what they want to hear usually pull that. Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

You Don't KNow Dick said,
    "Hey, she don't call herself Mommie Dark for no good reason. / You Know"

Of course you Jehoobersuckers like to pretend there is some demonic evil reason for the name, because you always speak out of your slime-filled fearful hearts.

She calls herself Mommie Dark, you horse's ass, because she married Papa Dark.

And deeminz had NOTHING to do with it.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I believe that these experiences are real...that you do feel pain that you do "see" things. I also know that the mind is a VERY powerful thing and can manifest some incredibly horrible things, terrifying, paralyzing things that CAN and DO cause pain to the body. But if you only attribute their existence to demons and not to some physical cause, say multiple schlerosis or lupus or bipolar disorder, and arent interested in actually finding out what they REALLY might be...then you will get responses such as MD's which frankly reflected what I was thinking.

In fact, not even two weeks ago, I was half awake, you know that dream state where you believe 100% that what is happening around you is actually happening its so real..and I saw my eldest son sitting on the edge of my bed. He was asking me something and was getting irritated that I wasnt answering him. But I COULDNT MOVE. I was paralyzed. My eyes were looking at "him" in silhouette there, and every effort I could muster up failed to move my arms, my legs, my head..even my lips to reply. I screamed behind my closed mouth so loud that I woke myself up. My heart was racing, my son was not there (he was sleeping, I checked) and my arms were asleep from having them under me in my sleep. My calves were cramping from the kicking I had been doing. I never attributed this to any demons. As a JW I probably would have gone right TO that conclusion...as they are so paranoid of demons as to see them EVERYWHERE like dust motes. I have often woken up after having been dreaming of drowning, feeling myself under the water, unable to breath...but things like sleep apnea can DO that to you. As can stress and spicy foods.

If demons were going to attack people who are DEPRESSED, shit the entire organization would be attacked 24-7. If they were going to hone in on people who were "spiritually weak" again...the entire congregation would be attacked mercilessly because the standards for "spirituality" cant be MET that are set in that Org. The bar is perpectually higher than attainable...like living up to the law covenant. So you are NOT CAUSING THIS to happen to you by doing or not doing something to please God. Cripes..thats just rude to even imply to you.

God doesnt punish people like some cruel prison guard, constantly giving and taking back and punishing people, holding the demons back then releasing them on people. What kind of freakin GOD is THAT? I know that that is how the JWs treat people. Constantly threatening them if they dont do do do do for Mommy Dearest in Brooklyn.

Now THEY are some scary shit. Get to a doctor, in fact several doctors, both physical and mental and get some real answers. At least elminate those possibilities. If you now have a child and you have some mental disorder that is inherited, you owe it to that child to get it diagnosed now. My mother in law just found out at age 57 that she is bipolar. She now realizes that her father, and at least three of her children are bipolar as well. But they have all been too proud to go to a doctor and didnt WANT to know there was something wrong, but TREATABLE going on there.

If you really want to know the WHY in all this...you need to step out of the box you have created for yourself...and look beyond the paranormal to the NORMAL for some answers.

• You Know
    You Know

***She calls herself Mommie Dark, you horse's ass, because she married Papa Dark***

Really? I didn't know that Dracula was married? Any children? / You Know

• ttwho
    ttwho

Whoa whoa whoa slow down , all these accusations, all I’m saying is this, for the 1st 17 years of my life I never had peep of any ‘demonic’ experiences, then I become a JW then I get all this hassle, then I leave the JW and now they hardly happen , that’s all I’m saying you can’t blame me for thinking that this is more than coincidence

• ttwho
    ttwho

LoveDubs
    I must admit I had no idea what Bipolar was or that it is related to depression, I can freely concede to being depressed but, and I ask this in all sincerity, how can this generate such specific experiences? it only has ever happened when I’m asleep, being unable to move, etc, etc what I trying to say is what most people are describing sounds like two steps from a breakdown, like being SO depressed that your life stops or grinds to a slow crawl, all through this I got through college, became a microsoft certified professional, became IT manager of a law firm and now I’m enjoying fatherhood, could someone with the level illness that is being described be capable of such accomplishments

• joelbear
    joelbear

ttwho,

The mind is a very powerful organ of the body. The whole JW experience can leave one mentally stressed and stretched. A constant preoccupation with persecution from other humans and demons can really influence your mind.

Lots of thoughts we are able to control while awake come back in our dreams as a release of stress and tension.

Get the stress out of your life, that is the real demon most of us face daily.

hugs

Joel

• ttwho
    ttwho

joel

I think your'e right I think I've been more stressed over the years than I like to admit, I'm trying to get out of work and still get my bills paid, my jobs is a very stressful

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

ttwho

unfortunately you are in a forum full of skeptics, and you cant blame most of the writers here for being doubtful of these types of events, after all almost everyone here was lied to for a great part of their life, and it is second nature for most here to doubt
    part of the heaing process

but

there are some who do listen because some of us are believers
    i happen to be one of them regardless the majority on the board
    because i have experienced personally phenomena as such
    my uncle was attacked when i was young.

here are some of my personal experiences:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=5595&page=2

i connect the stress level associated with the borg as PART of the problem, that is why your frequency has diminished

but i also have my own personal theories on why this occurs
    feel free to respond if you seem interested in this theory. . .

chuck
    open to the paranormal
    and
    believer among the doubters that were once decieved

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit