Are the JW's Bleeding Numbers?

by Loris 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Loris
    Loris

Check this out

http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/2003/003/19.7.html

JW's are the most likely to leave. I wonder why? Couldn't be lack of love. They say Jesus' followers would be known for their love.

Loris

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

JW's are the most likely to leave. I wonder why?

Loris

They're moving to where the need is greater

Winston.

• micheal
    micheal

It has to be the fault of the one who leaves. I mean it is such a spiritual paradise, why would anyone in their right mind want to leave such a tranquil, peaceful, fullfilling place?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I once heard the average person that begins a study and attending meeting only lasts two years...but can't find the source for that now...can anyone verify that anecdotally?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I once heard the average person that begins a study and attending meeting only lasts two years

That was about how long it took for me to pull my head out my ass and dump that asinine bulls$@%. If I'd listened to my mom and dad I would not have wasted even that much time.

• shamus
    shamus

Excellent article!!!!!

Thanks for posting it!

• shotgun
    shotgun

What year did they stop putting the number of the DF'd persons in the yearbook?

Was it early in the 90's?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Wish I could access the actual CUNY study. (A Yahoo! search turned up no relevant hits) I'd be interested in knowing whether the source of the percentages was independent, or if they were using the groups' own figures.

JW's proselytize heavily, so it's no surprise that they would have a lot of people switching into the group. At the same time, those of us who have been in the organization can easily understand why lots of people leave as well. Just spending a number of years in a JW congregation should make it plain to anyone that there's a lot of turnover.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

If they still did that the numbers they disfellowship coupled with those who leave would outnumber those who stay in. That wouldn't be very ...............encouraging.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Micheal is obviously correct here. It HAS to be the fault of the one leaving.

They are secretly bad. Or they don't want to do the WORK assigned by God the Watchtower Society, that of preaching the good news selling junk religion worldwide.

Yes all who leave are impure, like scum that floats to the top which has to be skimmed off. Yes we are all scum. And those who remain in the Borganization are God's PURE people.

The WTS treats its members like numbers instead of people. It's not surprising that large numbers become disenfranchised and simply leave. After all, they were told that they weren't doing enough for Jehovah! So why even keep trying?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit