A question for those familiar with Bethel Policy and Child Molestation??

by badolputtytat 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat
    What they have failed to do is to take any responsbility upon themselves for the problem.

Exactly!

In the most recent conversation with my father on this issue, I refered to the questions found at escape the watchtower site. http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/Questions_for_Jw.htm

I immediately recieved an "I'll get back to you on that" when I approached the questions concerning PRESENT policy on child-abusers. A phone call is scheduled for tonight between my father and I. In which he will address the answers to these questions with me. We have an agreement that no scriptures will be read. (I am not challenging the scriptural belief, only questioning why my "abuse" was hidden from the public, and then turned against me. )

A NOTE TO JOURLES!!!!: In discussing the letters that are posted on your site, (which are now hosted by escapethewatchtower.com.) My father was very adamant that these letters were FALSE, (however he "admits" he has never seen the web-site?? ) I then explained to him that I had stolen aquired letters of my own from the Kingdom Hall Files, and they matched perfectly. I asked him "If the letters were false, then why didn't the Society sue for SLANDER? instead of making a COPYWRITE issue? He has no answer.

But I am playing dumb at the moment, and he believes my questions are sincerely without any link to "apostate" thinking.

Tonight's Question: With the whole family admitting that I was "abused" and "had it rough", If I do not comply with the Watctower Society, then will I be included in the inheritance?

I will post whatever information I am given.

--puttytat

P.S. If you have not read these questions: http://www.escapethewatchtower.com/Questions_for_Jw.htm

I would advise you to do so, if you have any family members trapped in this thing. They are very straight forward questions, that leave NO room for the scriptural "hop-scotch" that JW's are famous for. Hamas and Jourles Thank you !!!

• mizpah
    mizpah

badoldputtytat:

I really think the Watchtower Society likes the vagueness of such charges as "causing dissensions among the brothers" because it allows no specific facts to be aired. All they need is a few members to say that they were troubled by the information and noticed a divisions among the brothers. This is usually the charge that is pressed when all else fails. It doesn't have to establish whether it was true on not...only the end results as it perceives it. It's a very deceptive but effective strategy.

It's almost as vague as the charge of "bringing reproach on God's organization." Often the two are linked together. "Divisions" and "reproach" has all the negative connotations that horrify conditioned Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    With most of my JW family near death…. This will be my last chance at my inheritance, and closure.

It's interesting that you bring this up. I'm trying to deal with the fact that I may not inherit my parents' house when they cack. My dad has dug himself a deep hole from his gambling, and now with him on disability, he doesn't have anything to use as backup. Bill collectors are phoning. I wouldn't doubt it if he sells the house to recover.

Personally, I'd like the house to better my future - rent it out. However, I have a feeling I won't get it unless my dad dies before retirement.

It's kinda sad when you see everyone around you inheriting stuff from their deceased relatives, and you know that you're most likely not getting anything of value. My grandfather used to send me $100 every christmas. My parents were putting it in a bank account for me. Then when they needed money, they went into that account. I didn't get any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit