A question for those familiar with Bethel Policy and Child Molestation??

by badolputtytat 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• caspian
    caspian

Good point Jim.

Nice to hear from you again.

Hope you are well

Caspian

• mizpah
    mizpah

My guess is that the Society wants nothing that could be used against itself including the history of its workers. So, it probably is starting to scrutinize every applicant to Bethel...being particularly sensitive in the area of sexual abuse.

It certainly is a travesty that sexual experimentation of such young children would be recorded and used against them as adults. But I guess your friend can count it as a disguised blessing that he is not qualified for Bethel for whatever reason. Perhaps, this situation will lead him to question other policies of the Watchtower Society.

Sorry to hear of your problems, badolpuddytat. I guess you can classify your reasons as "theocratic strategy." But I do hope you and your mom reunite under these tragic circumstances. The inheritance is not important. But your own relationship with your mother is! May her last days be as peaceful and happy as circumstances allow.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Thank you for your comments.... As I understand it, this was his own admission. I sense from the conversation with my father, that my "friend" (we are not aquainted since my leaving) volunteered this information himself, based on a line of "questioning" ??

The first time he volunteered this information was after my "disappearance". (I left at twelve, a missing child, avoiding social-services until adult-hood) . Apparently this "admission" on his part was recorded as "official" and years later when he applied to Bethel the issue was raised again.

Have any suggestions or theory as to why this application process with Bethel, would be so detailed? I mean, do they ask you questions like this when you apply? "Have you as a child engaged in this type of activity?" or :

Here we have a classic example of a twisted crime, a star chamber, notes being taken, forwarded to the society and noted on the database. Regardless of any justice, rhyme or reason an entry has been made to use against victims TO PROTECT THE SOCIETY.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (a thought provoking suggestion above)

Thanks Mizpah for the support.... but I in NO WAY see this as some horrible thing. I would have chosen no other out-come.... I GOT AWAY!!!!...... The relationship with the "mother" who raised me until my disappearance IS very important to me. Which is why all the research and questions.... I need just one thing to break this thing. The "inheritance" is only of importance to me, because of the family I have now.... and the fact that I do not wish to see this Estate become an ASSET of the Watchtower, Bible, and Tract Society.... which is exactly what is about to happen.

Thank you again,

Puttytat

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Based on other threads, including the one that described another Bethel rejection of a kid that Leo Greenlees hit on years before, I think that the WTS is trying to prevent anyone with a sensitivity based on expereince from being at Bethel, and possibly flipping out when they hear stories, see some proscribed homosexual behavior, etc (I don't know that it occurs, but you can tell they are afraid of the possiblity). The old Greenlees and Chitty stories must be especially rough on victims of child molestation who arrive at Bethel. I doubt it's about your activities at all - unless his guilty feelings led to a "confession".

• AlanF
    AlanF

Bethel's policy regarding past incidents of homosexual activity by prospective Bethelites now is: if there are any incidents, ever, turn them down.

Your friend had to answer questions about this on his Bethel application. Almost certainly he admitted to it, since it's not likely that they have any records of this at Bethel. I suppose there's a possibility that someone who knew about the incidents of 20 years ago could have been contacted and said something, but I don't think it's likely.

Bethel has had severe problems with homosexuality during much of its existence, among the worst being when GB member Leo Greenlees was kicked out in 1983 for molesting a ten year old boy. His longstanding homosexual activities with adult males became well known within Bethel. I think they no longer want to take a chance on anything unsavory happening again, so they screen out anyone who might possibly have "homosexual tendencies".

AlanF

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Well I guess I'm the blind pig finding an acorn in this scenario...;)

Thanks, AlanF.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Badolputtytat: Please e-mail me at [email protected]. I have aquestion to ask with respect to my recent JW Legal Poll (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/58162/1.ashx) ... it was posted today on the "Friends" section. The invitation is for anyone, whether they participated in the original Poll or not. Thanks. - Jim Whitney

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Thank you Alan F. and Phantom,

Alan, what you say, is as I guessed. (but had no foundation) From what I remember of him, he and his family, seemed to be the type that would "admit" such things, in the name of concience. Perhaps not realizing it would "work against" him.

I was only informed of this "rejected application" as a matter of my "guilt". My father (the elder) seemed at first to "take my side" but made several curious statements.....

1. That this person was willing to forgive me.

2. That I could not be held DIRECTLY responsible, for his being rejected by the Bethel arrangement.

3. The congregation did not hold a grudge with ONLY me.

amazing.... I sent you a short e-mail... I am more than willing.

Just an afterthought......, including the three Adult Males that I "encountered" between the ages of 4? and 10..... I do not believe that I had ANY contact with other male children outside of the normal congregation activities, that did not include this type of "experimentation".

Did any others here experience this? (in whole or part)

p.s. I am married with a 12 year old son. I am soon to travel (to another state) to meet with the family members that control the estate. They wish me to attend the meetings there WITH my son. I have admittedly aquired much literature by telling my family that I need "teaching materials" for my son. (part of my deception) In reality, I have shielded him from any information they send me. In short... I have my back against the wall right now with that. My "deception" hinges on this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Puttytat

• AlanF
    AlanF

Seems to me, badolputtytat, that your father is not only abusing you again, but rubbing salt in the wounds by making you feel guilty.

Geez, first you're sexually abused and then, as many children do, do what you've been taught. Then the JWs blame you for it. This simply illustrates why JWs have no business giving moral advice, or advice about any aspect of life, to anyone. They're so stupidly hung up on a self-indulgent relationship with Mommy (the organization) that they've lost the ability to think properly. That's why there are so many horrible abuse cases, where the Society routinely abuses a victim all over again. That's why some of these people are starting lawsuits.

Wish I had something better to tell you, but sometimes there's just not much to be done about an abusive cult.

AlanF

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat
    This simply illustrates why JWs have no business giving moral advice, or advice about any aspect of life, to anyone.---Alan F

Funny you should say that. My father is sending me a book (from the society, I know not which one) that will help me to "cope" with my guilt about preventing this person's entry to Bethel... and..(get this)help me "put the past behind" me.

He gave me that "well things from the past, are better left there" speech. Yet, I need to go before the elders and "show my reppentance". He read me the scripture about "keeping account of the sins of your brother", and how baaaad that is... double standard, I say.

Funny aint he?

D@mn, if I could put Alan F. and Big Tex in a little box and take 'em with me, maybe I would have the strength and articulation to beat these people with.

gotta run,

Thanks again,

puttytat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit