A question for those familiar with Bethel Policy and Child Molestation??

by badolputtytat 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I cannot go into great detail just yet, because a lot of what I have going with my family hinges on what will happen on the weekend of October 10 th .

A short background of this topic before the question: At a very young age…. VERY young… I was sexually “abused”, by more than one member of our congregation. Including a family member. By the age of ten, this was to me, considered “normal” behavior…. I neither saw it as “abuse” nor “deviant”…. But just the way things worked.

Between the ages of seven and ten, I not only engaged in “sexual activity” with another male from the congregation, but he as well was abused by adult members.

Both he and I, have families now (wives and children)…. I ran away at twelve, never to be a part of the organization again…. HE stayed. A full time Pioneer, eventually an elder, Blah Blah Blah….

Question: He is approximately thirty years old now.

He recently applied to Bethel… and his application was REJECTED based on the fact that he and I (at the age of ten) engaged in “homo-sexual” activity???? The Person(s) that “abused” both he and I, are still ACTIVE members, and in one case… an elder.

I do not understand why they would turn his application down based on this. ??? Does anyone know the “current light” on this topic? I am in no hurry. I won’t face the “tribunal” that awaits me until October. I have tricked my family into believing that I am willing to return to the organization, in order to be allowed to be with my terminally ill mother. I am to make my “final Plea” on the weekend of October 10 th . (if she lives that long). With most of my JW family near death…. This will be my last chance at my inheritance, and closure.

I no longer look for this to work out in my favor. After my mother is dead, all bets are off with with this organization. *edit threats of violence* But I really do not know how to go about fighting this part of it.

Your input would be appreciated.

---dumbolputtytat

• avishai
    avishai

First of all, please report these people, the molesters, not your friend, there is a 95% chance they are still molesting kids. Anonymously if necessary, to local authrities. Contact love & norris attorneys. Pm me, if you want, I'll call you, my bro is suing them for 3 million us dollars

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

until October 10th, I can take NO ACTION. Very important. My original goal here is only to be allowed to see my mother again.... to "help" her die peacefully. (they won't let me near her) After that... you bet, I will be stirring up some trouble about this....

For now, I just need to know why Bethel would reject someone based on their childhood abuse.

But thank you very much Avishai.... I will definitely be contacting you very soon I just have to be very careful... I was "busted" on here once before.

thanx again

puttytat

• avishai
    avishai

Well, I guess that's good enough for me, for now.

For now, I just need to know why Bethel would reject someone based on their childhood abuse

Well, puddytat, it's because they are assholes. Period. Hypocritical, lying, life ruining, assholes. There can be no other good reason.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

((((((big hug!!)))))))

i may be mistaken, but i think that a similar situation was detailed in that 'fifth estate' show...i may be getting confused on that....but basically, avi said it best, sadly.....

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

puttytat

I can't speak to Bethel policy, frankly because I don't give a damn. Those people are a cosmic joke, some sort of twisted combination of David Koresh and Jim Jones meets NAMBLA.

Instead I would rather have you hear me that what you experienced was hideous. Experiences like this will resonate into adulthood. Realize that we, as adults and children, accept the reality we are presented. If you grew up with the messages of gay rape equals love or love equals sex it is no wonder you and your friend acted out. And that's the most accurate phrase, you were acting out with someone else what you learned. It is natural. Children do it every day. It's the way they learn. Sadly for that little boy, what he knew was monstrous.

Please don't think of yourself as dumb. It's hard to talk about, shame comes up easily (believe me I know!) but instead of dumb, understand how amazingly intelligent you were. You navigated your way through a maze of evil, and hideousness that would destroy most people. You survived. That shows strength of character and tremendous intelligence. It may not feel like it, but it's true.

I don't know all that you're going through at the moment, but you have shown an incredible survival skill. All I can say is don't put yourself in a no-win situation. Avoid traps, protect yourself and above all, trust your gut. I hope you get what you want, Lord knows you deserve everything life has to give for what you've been through.

Be well my friend,

Chris

• caspian
    caspian

You need to be very careful as these posts are monitored, please do not reveal anymore information.

I would suggest that you PM someone like Amazing who is currently involved in similar matters

It is important that you seek good advice, but please I repeat do not give away any more personal info until you have recieved expert advice.

Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Caspian

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

Thanx everyone for the replies. Tink, I got your e-mail, and I will write you as soon as I get home from the office (((( Tink)))))

You need to be very careful as these posts are monitored, please do not reveal anymore information.... --Caspian

I have battled with that for months. I have been unable to post anything really serious, due to exactly what you said. I know from experience, that this thing IS monitored, and the things you say on here CAN come back to you later on. (even the pictures I have posted on here, are a little mis-leading *purposely*)

Chris... You are (as usual) such an encouragement. I was never able to accept "victim" status, and I am so greatful for the things I have learned in my life after leaving this terrible organization.

The latest developement is that this person (who was rejected by Bethel) has been told that he is not a victim of the elder.... but of ME.... (keep in mind we were both children)... It has been explained that this was no longer "experimentation" because it happened more than once, and since I am the one who left the organization.... I feel like they are using this as some sort of twisted "scape-goat". The offending elder is now an old man. They both attend the same congregation.

I can't say much more for now. Other than "thank you". I will contact some of you soon. I have kept up with the posts concerning Abuse.

Thanx again.... I am going to be late for work...

---puttytat

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Talk about 'blaming the victim'! What a disgusting attitude.

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

I am unfirmiliar with US proceedings and Law - However this does show the power of the JW database and its accuracy.

Here we have a classic example of a twisted crime, a star chamber, notes being taken, forwarded to the society and noted on the database. Regardless of any justice, rhyme or reason an entry has been made to use against victims TO PROTECT THE SOCIETY.

Strong proof here of the database in action

Jim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit