Keep telling yourself that!

by Lost in the fog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Oh the horror! People getting together to discuss the Bible. Seems like Jesus would have approved of that.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Control, control, control.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Kingdom Ministry September 2007, page 3 - Question Box says it all!

Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

Throughout the earth, Jehovah’s people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah’s organization. Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God’s people may be “fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought” and remain “stabilized in the faith.” (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah’s spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, “the faithful and discreet slave” does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.—Matt. 24:45-47.

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However, no personal pursuit should detract from what Jesus Christ is accomplishing through his congregation on earth today. In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as “genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.” (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to “shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.”—Titus 3:9.

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial,” and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be “filled with the accurate knowledge of [God’s] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God.”—Col. 1:9, 10.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I recently listened to a video of a recorded judicial meeting where a woman was disfellowshipped for just joining in a study of nothing but the Bible.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The only 'spirit' the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), are guided by is top brand Whiskey. Just watch TOMO slur his words as he gives his drunken, delusional, hate speech on the Broadcast(tm).....and the Jobots lap up every bit of hubris from this alcohol infused bunch of sexual predator protectors.

Looking back to when I was a Jobot, I wonder how I never saw through the lies and hate from the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them).

I wish I'd woken up sooner, although I'm not going to say I didn't have doubts, but I suppressed them. I didn't want 'Jehovah(tm)' to lovingly murder me at 'Armageddon(tm)'.

They guilt tripped me bad. I can never forgive them or myself for falling for it.

Combatting Cult Mind Control was the best thing I ever read.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

punkofnice--go ahead and forgive yourself. I daresay, all who have woken up feel like we were gullible, stupid followers...going along with if you don't understand it, wait on Jehovah. In a video I watched, the person explained putting his doubts on a shelf because he thought those doing the writing knew better than himself. I felt the writers were true Bible scholars and researchers and who was I to question. If I had been reading the Bible without the filters of the WT, I would have recognized some of the lies sooner. If I had read some of the old books they didn't want you to read, I would have been awake to the pyramidology origins. This is why they don't want independent study groups-they don't want their blinders coming off. They keep the rank and file on such a treadmill, and what with having to support ourselves beside, it was just easier to go along with what they published...push any nagging thought away. So I think we all should forgive ourselves ( for those who are beating themselves up )and just be glad we are awake to the lies now. Are some of us suffering because of loss of friends? I am...I have no friends now where I live. I have a couple of work acquaintances, but nobody close.( I mostly work alone ) But on the flip side of that, I am not on the WT treadmill where if you don't keep up, you are judged spiritually weak and nobody wants you around. I am of the opinion some people pioneer so they will be noticed by others. The ones to be pitied are those still in slaving for the charlatans and donating to them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heavier- and heavier-handed. 🤨

Jesus, just how fucking scared are they of their whole house of cards collapsing???

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"No wonder because independent research would let the scales fall from the eyes."

Why do people keep saying this when it is not true?

The truth is independent research further solidifies the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

What the OP stated was the selfish things that they don't like that are taught and they seek a way to support them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As long as the Borg can convince it's followers that they are in fact ''unique'', the sheeple will be naieve enough to believe it.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    Rattigan350, if independent research solidified the teachings of JW, they wouldn't disfellowship you for just reading a chapter or two in the Bible and discussing it in a group.( this happened to a sister- it wasn't a "church" group) The Bible says to make sure of all things and hold fast to what is fine. The JW says do your research, but only look into our publications when you do it. But you have to be careful with that because if you bring up some "truths" from past magazines, you can still get disfellowshipped for being an apostate...Just go back and look at the false prophecies in your independent research in the WTBTS books and magazines and start questioning it. You had to believe it at that time or be disfellowshipped as apostate , and many who have been labeled apostate now have brought up "facts" from the old magazines. ( can't win )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit