Keep telling yourself that!

by Lost in the fog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

In the latest copy of the elders textbook someone kindly made available to us on this website, I see that "independently organized meetings for spiritual feeding" are still not allowed. No wonder because independent research would let the scales fall from the eyes.

The GB still insisting that they are guided by the (always lower case) holy spirit and the Bible!! Not that the rank and file members need the Bible or Holy Spirit themselves because they are fed through meetings, conventions, assemblies, JW broadcasting and the publications. In other words we the GB are telling you all what to think, believe and say.

Last paragraph: In this way all of God's people will be brainwashed as mindless robots to do what they are told to do.

How on earth can the GB persist in claiming that Holy Spirit directs them when we all see the doctrinal and chronological flip-flops this organization made and continues to make!?

They are either psychotic or delusional or perhaps both.

I am so glad that I am POMO just sad that some of my family is still stuck in the mire.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah some years ago GB forbidde members to speculate also 😊 Talk about full cult religion. Not much too do with bible this days.

Psalms 32:8-9

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They do not hide their intent: you can only learn the truth through the information provided by the GB. You cannot learn it on your own, and it is even considered dangerous for you to study the Bible without the guidance of the GB.

I wonder how much the videos from the GB are hurting their efforts. The individual members tend to look either crazy, stupid, or too bored to care. How many JWs are unable to shake that nagging sense in the back of their minds, telling them that these clowns cannot possibly be selected by God as the only path to enlightenment and salvation.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

About 45 years ago we had the idea of getting together with other young people and prepare for the WT study. We did it a few weeks with pizza or snacks afterward. The CO put it to an end to it with heavy condemnation suggesting it would lead to apostasy. lol

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

peacefulpete Watchtower started encouraging JWs too gather together and study watchtower articles day before watchtower study. They started with it around 2000. I was in several such gatherings. The light gets brighter, then shuts down, then get brighter every now and then 😁 No wonder JWs are very confused.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Interesting, Some newboy GB must have agreed to that then got overruled.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

after the book study arrangement was taken out of private homes, some were meeting ( I went a couple of times) in the home of retired CO . We were just going over and talking about the chapters for Bible reading that week. He was told to close up that shop... the supposed reason being that one sister complained she was getting overlooked in commenting on the scriptures we were reading. That didn't smell right to start with! I guess some story had to be circulated rather than the truth of the matter.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

WTC will not tolerate competition or any forum that could challenge their flimsy teachings. I saw this play out many times and each time, good-hearted people with sincere intentions were counseled to discontinue associating with others in the cong for fear that it could be viewed as apostasy. It was in direct opposition to Jesus words that where 2 or more were gathered in his name, he would support the effort by beign there (in a sense).

WTC is the modern day religious leaders who do not lead the people to salvation and will not tolerate any who seek it apart from them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOST IN THE FOG:

After what happened in the early 1980s with some JWs who talked or studied privately, and ended up leaving the religion - there was a crackdown on independent groups.

It didn’t matter how well-intentioned anything appeared. If it wasn’t under the supervision of the control freaks in the hall they wanted it stopped. They are THAT afraid of anybody questioning or thinking on their own.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Ironic because private study groups critical of established orthodoxy is EXACTLY how the Bible Students started, but somehow THAT is viewed as noble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit