JW’s are not brain damaged, but heart damaged!

by Joyzabel 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Great post, BT.

There's a school of thought that says that the opposite of love is fear - that it isn't hate, because you have to care about something an awful lot to hate it.

I think that in this school of thought, being "heart-damaged" and being run by fears are the same thing.

Love overcomes fear? (True love overcomes anything - ask Wesley).

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((Big Tex))))

I love getting people to think and raise more questions! Very good questions you raised indeed.

j2bf

• Swan
    Swan

New Stem Cell Treatments May Cure Jehovah's Witnesses

Rochester, Minnesota (HOOTERS) -- In a joint statement made by the Hamm & Mayo Clinics today, stem cells were called a breakthrough treatment for Dumb-Dub syndrome, a condition prevalent among people of the Jehovah's Witness faith.

This syndrome is similar to the condition suffered recently by a 16 year-old-boy from Royal Oak, Michigan, who had accidentally injured his heart with a nail gun. Doctors injected the lad with stem cells from his own bone marrow and the cells repaired his heart by growing into muscle tissue.

Doctors say the Dumb-Dub syndrome is similar in the heart damage it causes by forcing people to deny their natural feelings. "It is as if they took a nail gun and shot it into their hearts," said Dr. U. R. Hurten of the Hamm clinic.

"But now we have hope with this cure, if their Governing Body does not view it as they do blood transfusions." Dr. Hurten went on to say.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Joy, Did Steve's father die then? Are you still in town?

So sad. Good points you made. I agree, it's their hearts that are damaged, and that can be rebuilt, if they wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow Tammy, where was that article from?? lol @ dumb-dub sydrome!

Michael, you hit a nail on the head by "blaming God". Geeesh, isn't that a catch all! Shuts down the thinking.

PS, I agree "true love over comes anything"

j2bf

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Yes Mulan, his dad died yesterday. I wasn't able to get a flight to be with him or the family. But the way his family is treating him and our daughter is just arrogantly horrible. <sigh>

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    But the way his family is treating him and our daughter is just arrogantly horrible. <sigh>

That is terrible. I'm so sorry not only for his father's passing, but for the cruelty he must endure. I could not in good conscience ever treat anyone that way, especially at such a vulnerable time.

Give him a big Texas howdy from me and Nina.

• Makena1
    Makena1

((((Joy and Just2laws))))

Just starting to catch up on the board after being away for a few days. Did not know about Steve's father - very sorry! Death is hard enough to deal with, let alone heart/brain damaged cult family members.

Hugs and warm thoughts from us in the Pacific Northwest,

Mak and Sabine

• AlanF
    AlanF

So sorry to hear about Steve's dad, Joy!

AlanF

• nilfun
    nilfun

I'm so sorry for your loss Joy2bfree & Jst2laws, please accept my condolences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit