Video: Surprise Reunion After 10 years of Shunning

by NuzzleNudge 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• NuzzleNudge
    NuzzleNudge

My husband hadn’t seen his sister for 10 years. We were Jehovah's Witnesses and thanks to their disgusting, arbitrary brainwashing, 10 years of loving our family was wasted shunning them.
    For his 35th birthday this year, only the 2nd one we've ever celebrated, I arranged for his baby sister to be back in his arms. Something bigger than me, and something more arduous than the 8 hour drive got her here though. Something more than I could hope to conduct made this possible and I am so grateful.
    She’s the one who did all the work. She’s the one who did the forgiving. We have so much to make up for, but this moment, this is the strived-for, pinnacle moment that is the priceless recompense for anyone who has turned their back on unconditional love in the Name of God. Never give up. We never imagined we would leave until we found out the Truth about “The Truth”. This is the Paradisiac reunion we fruitlessly strived for under the thumb of dictators. This is God’s love, here and now, overflowing in the life he gave us, right now! This moment is possible for everyone.
  • LV101
    LV101

Beautiful share - thank you. Horrifying, brutal, cult, and they get away with it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This was beautiful. Life is so so short. You never know when a loved one could be taken from you, so love,love, love them with all your heart.

I'm so happy for you all.❤❤❤

Watchtower has caused so much misery and heartache.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Glad to see your group free of the WT family destruction machine!

• carla
    carla

Aww, so nice! made me wanna cry

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Nice. Really awesomely nice.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

On a beautiful Sunday morning with my family sleeping in and the whole house quiet, I was unexpectedly brought to tears by this video.

I guess it's because I know I will never experience this kind of healing with my estranged extended family, I was simultaneously happy for the people in the video and sad for myself.

Still, I wish I could watch a hundred more like this. Really, really wonderful. Thanks for sharing NuzzleNudge.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NUZZLENUDGE:

This video was very touching!

I wish there would be more happy stories like this where people are reunited with family members lost in the religion.

While I have no JW relatives, I had to apologize to MY Roman Catholic family. Even though I did not really practice shunning, I still avoided them. I unnecessarily missed out on many a good meal especially on Holidays when I isolated myself like some nut because I was made to feel Jehovah would only be happy if I were looking at four walls alone. The JWs all ‘disappeared’ on Holidays and I really was alone..I was also more alone since I was a single working woman who didn’t pioneer and was ostracized to some degree.

But, after a lightbulb moment, I decided to reconnect with all my relatives before it was too late. I then ‘Faded’ from this vacuum of a religion at some point. My only regret is that I did not do so sooner.

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Heartbreaking....thx for sharing!

IC

• carla
    carla

Longhairgal, reminds me of how many holidays my jw has begged out of and the many family pics he is missing in. Years from now I wonder what relatives, grandchildren will think? will anyone remember he was a jw and their crazy doctrines? Maybe they will think he was the photographer, yep, that's what I'm going with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit