Football predictions for "egg chasers" (NFL)

by crownboy 32 Replies latest social physical

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

don't expect much success for your fish team.

well, after losing to the expansion texans, i must admit expectations were low......the dolphins exceeded any and all expectations i had, and completely destroyed your j-e-t-s, jets, jets, jets in every aspect of the game.

The Jets held the team of an offensive genious to just 16 points, and though Norv Turner is a good offensive mind, his quaterback is still Jay Fiedler .

still dont believe in fiedler huh? i would love to see vinny bootleg and take a shot in the endzone like that......or even pennington for that matter (hed probably break a nail).......fiedler was sharp all day, and he showed beyond a shadow of a doubt who the best qb on the field was.

The Jets defense will have the Dolphins off balance all day

the dolphins did whatever they wanted to against the jets d.....all day long. it was laughable, and i almost felt sorry for the jets fans (not really), having to endure such torture at the hands of the rival dolphins.....AT HOME.

Save the other foot for your mouth next week.

how do your feet taste this morning? i cant wait to hear the excuses for why the dolphins dominated the game from start to finish.......but i think the obvious showed through on sunday: the dolphins are a much better team, and your jets are far from a playoff team, let alone a super bowl team. i stand by my prediction that anything better than last place in the division will be a huge surprise (not to mention a huge accomplishment).

aa

• crownboy
    crownboy

Ok, so the Jets were a little off their game yesterday.

You guys won the game, I can't argue that, but the season is only two games young, and the Jets had gotten off to bad starts to their seasons for the last two years and made the playoffs anyway. I'm not quite giving up hope yet.

Vinny Testaverde had a damn good game yesterday, but the defense and running game were not there. I'll give the Dolphins credit for stopping our run. Loosing Donnie Abraham really deflated our defense, but they looked really bad anyway after they did a decent job against the Redskins. We need a victory in the worst way next week against the Patriots, and hopefully we'll get it.

Don't expect a victory the next time our teams meet. It will in December, a month when your team flounders and my team flourishes. But obviously that's a very long time from now (last game in fact), and I'm more concerned with the Patriots right now. And I'll be looking foward to seeing Drew Bledsoe school your team during a prime time game this week. It's the best I can do untill the Jets revenge their loss against your team later this year.

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

so, once again....tasty feet? bledsoe was supposed to school who? looks like he went to school...the school of hard knocks.

ive said it twice, and ill repeat it here.....anything better than last in the division will be a huge surprise for the lowly jets. they flat out stink, period. btw, no 0-3 team has ever won the superbowl........feel free to remove your super bowl pick now, and admit that the jets are far and away the worst team in the division..........i couldnt have scripted it any better, the sweet sound of three losses......"j-e-t-s, loss, loss, loss".

aa

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

did you watch letterman last night? here was the top ten, i thought youd get a kick out of it:

Top Ten Things I Want To Say To All Americans presented by 2004 Miss America Ericka Dunlap

10. "I'd like to say something to all the guys who dumped me...actually, I've never been dumped"

9. "One time I breathed in too much hairspray and thought there was a bear in my house"

8. "Miss Idaho is really Mr. Idaho"

7. "So far this year I have more wins than the Jets"

6. "Even I realize two years from now I'll be working at a boat show"

5. "Turns out scholarship I won is a $50 gift certificate to Circuit City"

4. "Letterman is not better looking in person"

3. "Donald Trump -- stop calling me"

2. "Backstage, I saw Dr. Phil eat an entire chocolate cake"

1. "Schwarzenegger for Governor? Are you people morons?"

aa

• crownboy
    crownboy

(Ms. America is from Florida, just so that folks can appreciate the full impact of the number 1 reason on Letterman's top ten list).

I'm beginning to run out of feet, dubla.

Ok, so the Jets had another minor setback last Sunday. But damn it, they'll definitely beat the Cowboys on Sunday.

I wouldn't be so excited about the Fish so early. Let's not forget about the stellar September records they've had going all the way back to the Dan Marino days. They run your boy Ricky Williams 40 times on Sunday and barely won, do you really expect Ricky to keep up that pace all year? Chambers is a nice receiver (hell, I wish we had him ), but he hasn't proven that he can be a big time receiver (not withstanding his one highlight real catch a game, of course). The Jets have been down this road before. Remember the 2-5 start last season? They know how to win when it counts. The Patriots won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago despite a 1-3 start, and that will be the Jets record after Sunday.

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

oh, im not too excited about the dolphins yet.....of course they have to prove themselves in december....ive been a dolphins fan long enough to realize that september and october mean nothing. theres no denying that they completely shut down a team that was supposedly one of the best 2 or 3 in the nfl last sunday night though.

i dont blame you for keeping the faith (however blind it may be) with your jets, and if there was ever a winnable game on their plate, its against the cowboys this week. the word is that vinny is about to get benched, and if they dont win this week, brooks bollinger is going to be the starter in new york until pennington gets back........so youd better hope for vinnys sake they get a W.

a saw a pole on espn.com the other day that asked "who is the worst 0-3 team?".....the jets were a close second behind cincy (personally, i think cincy has been playing better). lets face it, the jets roster looks like a vh1 episode of "where are they now?"......curtis martin is on his last leg, vinny doesnt have what it takes to win a big game anymore....and curtis conway....a number one reciever? are you serious? top it all off with the fact that you have the worst offensive coordinator in the entire league, and youve got a long season ahead of you.

btw.....a punter throwing to a center isnt going to get you too many completions.....nice call herm.

aa

• Funchback
    Funchback

*Turning on the Governing Body switch*

It was never stated by me that the Eagles would be good. Sadly, some have misunderstood or took it upon themselves to believe this is what I said. Never were such words as "definite" or "absolute" written by me. There is no reason to research what may or may not have been said in the past. You should all just focus on the future and stand by and watch as the light gets brighter and brighter.

*Turning off the Governing Body switch*

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

Remember the 2-5 start last season? They know how to win when it counts. The Patriots won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago despite a 1-3 start, and that will be the Jets record after Sunday.

so.....better start digging through the nfl history books to find an 0-4 team that actually accomplished something (besides getting the first pick in the draft)......i probably shouldnt be rubbing this in so bad, but its just too much fun watching the jets stumble and bumble their way to the bottom of the entire nfl.......even the bungles have their first win (i told you they were playing better than the jets). at least you can take comfort in the fact that they definitely wont lose this week.

aa

• crownboy
    crownboy
    at least you can take comfort in the fact that they definitely wont lose this week.

Sadly, this is true.

Granted, so things are getting a little desperate, but the Jets did start out 1-4 last year, and a win in their next game versus Buffalo will put them back on that track (epsecially since last years 1-4 start had its sole win courtesy of the Bills). I'm certainly not maximally optimistic, but hope must be kept alive .

Bencing Vinny would be mistake, IMO. You can't lay the blame of the poor start at his feet. Conway and Chrebet screwed up 2 TD passes at New England which would have led to a win, and the fumbles the Jets had yesterday cost them on good drives. I think the "blame Vinny first" crowd need to recognize that with such bad plays, even Chad Pennington wouldn't be doing much better (except maybe for in the Washington game, where rust on Vinny's part may have played a part in the loss).

I agree with you about Conway, and especially so about Paul Hackett. Apparently he does not realize that he has a player in Santana Moss languising away his talent. Conway better not drop another damn pass, either.

• dubla
    dubla

crown-

can you spell S-W-E-E-P? neither of our teams made the post-season, but getting the sweep over the hated jets did sweeten the bitter end slightly. didnt i tell you the jets would finish in last place? (by the way, looking back i noticed you picked quite a few last place teams to win their divisions). you can blame the first loss on playing a backup qb, but the latest dolphins victory came against a healthy pennington, your vaunted golden boy. during a dissapointing off-season, i will cherish these bragging rights for the next eight months.

"j-e-t-s, suck, suck, suck"!

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit