Football predictions for "egg chasers" (NFL)

by crownboy 32 Replies latest social physical

• crownboy
    crownboy

Well, the upcoming NFL season is about to start in two days, with my team the New York Jets being involved in the opening game. Now I was a little discouraged when our starting QB Chad Pennington (the best in the NFL) went down earlier in the preseason with an injury that will keep him out for more than half the season, but fortunately for the Jets, they're one of the few NFL teams with a backup QB that can be a quality starter, so I don't expect that we will have much of a drop off with Vinny Testaverde taking the reigns temporarily. He'll surpass 40,000 career passing yards this year, and he also has a stronger arm than does Pennington, so look for deep plays to the wide receivers. He's older and not too mobile, but he does know how to avoid getting hit (like Dan Marino). He'll do an above average job holding the fort untill Pennington gets back, and with the defense being one year more mature and better, there's no reason not to believe the NY Jets won't be Super Bowl champs come the end of this season.

• dubla
    dubla

oh crown.....you dreamer. i hope youve enjoyed the short stint at the top of the afc east, because its coming to a fast end. if the jets finish better than 4th in the division, ill be surprised. heres my picks for the year:

afc division winners: ravens, dolphins, titans, broncos

afc wild cards: patriots, raiders

nfc division winners: packers, eagles, bucs, rams

nfc wild cards: falcons, giants

super bowl: dolphins over the bucs

of course i reserve the right to revise these picks around thanksgiving when everyones preseason predictions have went to hell.

aa

• crownboy
    crownboy

Ok, dubla, I see that you are already in mid season form .

Well, the Dolphins will do what they usually do, they'll flirt with, or make the playoffs, and if they do, they'll get dispensed in the 1st round. Jay Fiedler is still the QB, and Ricky Williams will return to being Ricky Williams (often injured). A repeat of the 9-7 season of last year will be pure luck.

Predictions:

AFC East: NY Jets

AFC North: Cleveland

AFC South: Tennesse

AFC West: San Diego

Wild Cards: New England, Kansas City

Winner: NY Jets over Tennesse Titans

NFC East: NY Giants

NFC Central: Green Bay

NFC West: St. Louis

NFC South: Atlanta (Doug Johnson will be very good)

Wild Card: Philadelphia, Tampa Bay

Winner: St.Louis over Tampa Bay

SB Champs :NY Jets over St. Louis

I too reserve the right to change .

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The only thing I have to say is, that if my fly boys, (Eagles) don't show up yet AGAIN this year, that this may be the last year in a long time that they will be in contention. It's do or die.

ash

• Funchback
    Funchback

"Flyyyy, Eagles, flyyyy...on the road to VICtor-REEEEE..."

E---A---G---L---E---S EAGLES!!!

My first name is Brian and I just bought a white Brian Westbrook jersey and a black Brian Dawkins jersey and I am AMPED for the Monday night opener at our new digs 'The Linc'!

ashitaka... Eagles win Monday night 24-13.

As for the Jets vs 'skins game on Thursday: I hope the Jets kick they azzes because the 'skins "stole" all those Jets players during the Summer.

• Aztec
    Aztec

What? Noone's picking the Lions? :-0

~Aztec

• IronGland
    IronGland

I predict I'll be quite happy at the end of January when it's over.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

For what it's worth, here ya go:

NFC East: Philly
    NFC North: Green Bay
    NFC South: Atlanta
    NFC West: Seattle
    Wildcards: Tampa Bay, New York

AFC East: New England
    AFC North: Cleveland
    AFC South: Indianapolis
    AFC West: Kansas City
    Wildcards: Miami, Tennessee

Super Bowl: Atlanta v. New England

Bank on it. I'm 100% wrong.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Playoff teams

NFC E Giants, Iggles

NFC South Falcons

NFC North, Vikings (Sorry, the Packers are 1 dimentional and play in a weak division, when everybody is focusing on Green Bay, another team will take the crown by night, and the Vikings are going to do it because of their offense and their revamped defense.)

NFC West: 49'ers, Rams

AFC E: Jets but look out for the Bills, they'll have the WC

AFC S: Dolphins all the way, and the Colts will have the other WC

AFC N: The Browns

AFC W: Broncos

• onacruse
    onacruse

Are the Cowboys still in the NFL???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit