Okay...who are the "girly girls" here

by berylblue 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I don't quite know what "girly girl" means but I really like feminine women. They act with a certain grace and smell a certain way. I don't like those who are too 'butch' and brassy (although a bit is good)

Like the difference between Chris Evett and Navratilova.

• Prudence
    Prudence

Beryl,

I tend to dress for the occasion. I used to work in the make-up field,and was told I was good at it. I've been called a "girly girl" at work unrelated to the above mentioned field too. But, most people don't realize I dress and look differently than my work image would suggest. Of course, when I do some other activities like going to work-out at the gym I don't wear make-up. I dress for whatever it is I am doing,kind of like and actress uses clothes etc.

Pru

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Quite a few here seem to find the scent important. When it comes to scent I prefer to smell them not a perfume. The natural smell and taste is a turnon.

I agree, unless you have a problem that needs to be covered, imo, it is never better for a man or woman to wear cologne or fragrance. If everyone thought the way I do, parfume companies would be out of business. The after~scent of soap and shampoo can be very nice. I have on a few occasions, been hugged by a woman who then said "you smell great", with my only scent being that of a long days work. I've actually never been able to put on a fragrance subtly enough for it not to bother me for hours afterward.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i agree. i love the way bare skin smells. it makes you feel more...connected to the person somehow. it's almost like theyre allwoing themselves to be vulnerable before you. i know that's probably reading way too much into it, but little stuff like that is a big deal to me.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

At times I can be very girlie girl. I love Victora's Secret body perfume, love make-up, am always changing my hairstyle and haircolor, and love to get dressed up. If I had the $$$$ I'd love to be living in trendy NYC baby!

Other times at the gym, working around the house, or running simple errands; I am pretty casual.

• Swan
    Swan

This thread reminds me, where are the make-up tips that Monkey promised?

Tammy

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I love getting french pedicures, I wear scents by Victoria Secrets and I love reading a good book during a bubble bath. On the other hand, I hate shopping unless it's for movies, books or CDs. I think chocolate is a gift from God. And I love men so yeah I guess I am a girlie girl! - V Sky

• berylblue
    berylblue

I readily admit I will not leave the house without mascara. My eyes are my best feature,and I like to accentuate them.

I don't often wear lipstick; foundation yes.

I always wondered why bubble baths are considered a luxury. To me, they are a necessity.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Yes, I am the female of the two (there has been some confusion in recent chats on line with some of you and Brandon). He was mistaken for me. I don't know if you'd call me girly or not. I was a tom-boy and up in a tree or in the dirt, sometimes in that order when gravity became an issue, until I was 15. I developed all girly "attributes" early, though. I was offered a modeling job at 17.But of course this was nixed before the offer was completely out of their mouth, by my parents, because we're not supposed to flaunt looks....etc. I always hated the girly stuff my sister and her friends did though. They loved to shop, hunt for men, and get into heated discussions as to which new nail polish complimented their newest "dub" outfit for the meetings. Most of the guys they were trying to trap were my friends and I enjoyed their discussions on how in love the guys were with them. They didn't have a clue.

As for now, though, I almost always wear make-up, but not that you could scrape off with a spoon. Clothes range from nice pants or skirt and a blouse with fixed hair, to jeans (my favorite) , a tee shirt (usually baggy), and a baseball cap. Of course I do have two sons and I learned early on that to be prepared for anything ...and you do have to be... I needed to be comfy and in clothes that could withstand anything .....With make-up and earrings on.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I can go either way.uh..I like getting all dressed to kill sometimes and get out my designer duds, and other times I am very comfortable crawling in the engine of my Mustang and changing the spark plugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit