Okay...who are the "girly girls" here

by berylblue 41 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

I admit to it (as I'm spraying on my Chanel Christalle and putting on my make up. Spent last night tearing through Vogue; my mani/pedi appointment is tonight.....).

No, "admit to it" isn't the correct sentiment. I can't imagine being any other way.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Not me

• Celia
    Celia

Not me. Never do my nails, rarely put any make-up on, hate doing my hair, have no clue how to dress, feel good only in jeans, t-shirts and sweat-shirts and sneakers... Most perfumes make me sick, although I do like Chanel 19 (is that the right # ?) Love to get my hands dirty in the garden... What does that make me? a slob ? But I do take lots of showers, eventhough I am French

...and I read Newsweek and Time and like House Beautiful or such decorating/gardening/cooking magazines.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Gosh, no, precious. It makes you wonderful.

There is plenty of room in this world for all the different types of women and men.

I hate getting my hands dirty, btw. And I feel terrible in jeans. I love being dressed up.

• Xena
    Xena

hhhmm I tend to read FM magazine instead of Vogue although Cosmo has some cool sex quizes and articles sometimes

I don't get my nails done, to much trouble to keep up. I do paint my toenails though..all kinds of funky colors. I use lots of bath products and smell up the bathroom something wonderful with them. I go for very lightly scented lotions on my skin...perfume only on special occasions. I blow dry my hair and might touch it up a bit with a curling iron depending on my mood...light make-up..takes me about 15 minutes to get ready.

I love to dress up and wear hose and heels, but I also love halter tops and jeans...

So what am I????

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm just like you Xena, somewhere in between.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Beryl, you beat me to this post. I was thinking of starting a thread on how wonderful it is to be female.

Doing things like wearing ribbons in your hair, stockings with seams, high heels, short dresses, smelling good, taking long, luxurious bubble baths, having long finger nails, etc.

As a female, I can wear blue jeans and tennis shoes or high heels, stockings,a short dress or a ballroom gown. I can grow my hair long or cut it all off. I can climb a tree or do the tango. I can wear makeup or dye my hair. I can wear pink or other pastels. I can also cry if I feel like it or light the room up with my smile.

At one time I also had the choice to bear children and suckle them to my breast. Kiss the boo-boos and bake a cake to make it all better.

I love the depth of emotion that is allowed to females. I also love the fact that I can giggle and am allowed to kiss my girl friends or hold their hand without society automatically thinking that I am gay.

Men would not be allowed to do most of these things and they have no idea how much fun it can be.

Thank you for posting. I think that all girls on the forum should join you in celebrating their femininity.

Robyn

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I have been called a lipstick lesbian but that isn't exactly accurate.

But early this morning I'm far from a girlie girl.

• teejay
    teejay

Thank god... or whoever... for girls.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am just me a mixture of girlie girl and not although I do love the smell of Miracle or white shoulders or Vampire (a perfumed oil) I usually just smell like Raspberries.

I am blessed with great hair which I don't do much with more Meg Ryan. I do shave my legs every day I have an aversion to hair on me LOL

I don't wear a lot of makeup I was a beauty consultant and know how to wear it but I prefer it not to be cakey.

But I am just me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit