What a wonderful time---for faders to fade away!

by eyeuse2badub 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

By Golly, it is different where some of you are ! You speak of elders phoning the flock, chasing up lectter writing , blimey !

My wife hears nothing from her elders. Any info ,like how to use zoom has to be asked for and dragged out of them . They don't care. . When we have tuned to zoom, a lot are casually dressed and we block the camera so our presence is shown by an avatar and just a name... No way would they see US !

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Dressing up for meetings in general is not Bible based let alone for tuning into meetings from your living room via Zoom. Jesus and his disciples just dressed as they normally did. They didn't go out and by fine purple or scarlet robes to parade around in to accomplish Jesus' ministry.

If Jesus came to Earth in the form of a man today he would be wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and Chuck Taylors on his feet.

• JWTom
    JWTom

A larger and larger percentage of the people on our Zoom meetings never turn on the camera. No camera, no avatar, nothing. Also, initially when all this started we had a bump in attendance - but now quite a few that were irregular are no longer showing up for Zoom meetings. You see the same basic names on the meeting list on Zoom.

Also, like Blues Brother - no one is reaching out and following up with anyone to my knowledge. We don't hear from the elders or anyone in general. Talk to close friends and family only, as-needed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I've said...

...sure, converting to a predominantly online presence is a major cost- and labor-saving (not to mention legal-saving) measure...

...but boy, does it make it easier for the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to finally fuck off.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" .but boy, does it make it easier for the fakers, faders, and fence-sitters to finally fuck off. " I do hope so Vid ! I can see them going more On-line quickly, even after this crisis is over. They were moving more slowly that way, so as not to upset the older J.W's I guess. Some of the elderly ones I know still do not know how to use the Internet for themselves !

Coupled with the normal laziness of Elders, and them then being able to say " Well, it is all on-line for them if they want it" it will make a Fade much easier, good !

May the Exodus begin ! All of them are Welcome here !

• stillMS
    stillMS
    DesirousOfChange - you've perfectly described my fading plan. That's exactly what I intend to do after this lockdown ends (can't wait that :) ). Will keep you guys updated about the progress.
    And meanwhile, I definitely don't care what they talk about at the Zoom meetings I 'attend'. No video - no care :)
  • LV101
    LV101

Perfect idea, DoC - they can say they're paranoid/schizophrenic (apropos for some JWs) and just can't make it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The pattern of the local congregation has shifted. It is no longer the center of one's life.

Basically the strongest element of the life of a JW was socializing, belonging and friendships.

The actual beliefs...... ever changing....... was/is the weakest element.

This break from the 'norm' is going to call for some major changes in how the faithful feel or don't really feel about going back to the KH.

I expect that only those older ones will go back to how it used to be.

Churches are dying all over the country.

Today it's hard to adjust one's ability to reason with the current beliefs of most every religion. Which is why more and more people have become non affiliating persons who have lost any reason to be a member of any particular religion.

This hunkering down will be the first time people really have to face the facts of their beliefs and how they are living their lives.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLUES BROTHERS & JWTOM:

I am glad more Witnesses using Zoom never turned the camera on in the first place OR are turning off their cameras!

I figured this would lose its charm after a while when people woke up and said WTF! and decided they aren’t going to get all dressed up just to be in their own living room on display having strangers seeing into their home!

Let the Witness religion ramp up its criticism of these people and see how THAT work$ out for them.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's been said; "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I think that jw's are becoming very fond of not having to go to meetings and 'out in service'.

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit