What a wonderful time---for faders to fade away!

by eyeuse2badub 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I’ve been thinking about it for a few weeks and I’m sort of surprised that no one else has introduced this topic!

What better time than now for a fader to fade? No meetings, no field service, no elder visits, no assemblies, no convention, and no other bullshit busy work going on. Even some family member will not notice. It’s the golden time for the borderline fader to get the hell out! So, if you have been thinking about it, now is the time to go for it!

just saying!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Zoom meeting, daily zoom text, letter territory pushed out. Encouragement to dress up for the meeting and have a non controversial backdrop and camera on. Not much aid offered though to those out of work. Phone calls to watch every damn video made.

They are afraid we will relax and fade

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

With this Zoom tyranny, I think people are going get fed up. Dressing up to be in your own home as if it were an extension of the kingdom hall?..and them thinking that because you ‘are home’ you shouldn’t have a problem with them constantly checking up on you?

This is a worse invasion of privacy, in my opinion, than before.

I think what’s going to happen is one day some JWs are going to wake up and say no more - and Zoom is not going to be switched on!

As far as would-be ‘faders’, now is a great time to take advantage of this situation.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The elduhs in my mom's congo are having her compile a phone or letter writing territory out of the local phone book (small town Alabama USA). Regional phone book so she has to go through looking for listings in their territory. How dreadful.

Guess it gives her something to do, she was just recently a widow in January (non JW spouse).

Half the time she can't figure out zoom. She is 76, but a little computer literate. 50 years loyal to the end. No fading for her.

Snakes

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they have a cow when they install cameras inside homes in China, where this is viewed as normal. People freely accepting this form of communism will only facilitate communism for everyone, and they will be all too happy to install monitors to go along with your RFID chip that verifies you had your coronavirus shot.

Let them install one of those things in my house for a boasting session, and I will purposely disconnect the line in the middle of something. I do not think they will appreciate it if I "stumble" on a blatantly Satanic site and send that through the zoom, or blast sun-worship music on the microphone. And if I pose in "indecent" dress, their only option is to disconnect my line. And I wonder what they will do if all they get is fresh remarks, all in German, or comments to rip apart the whole doctrine (again, in German). Plus, they are getting precisely zero donations from me.

I need my money for famine preps. And just in case I get work disruptions because the store I work at shuts down because of the pandemic or my hours get cut due to the famine, I need that money for my own self. Even if my work does not get disrupted and I end up getting another fat stimulus check, I have other things that I intend to use it for that will benefit me into the next several years instead of throwing it all away. Things like a better bicycle or upgrades for the one I already have, higher quality clothing, upgrades for my computer or a backup, or (if I can get it) silver. Even if everything goes back to full normal, I feel that, if I have money to donate to this communism program, I have money for silver.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Hookers and booze.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The Zoom meetings can probably track your level of attention (eye movements, blink rate, head position etc). So if I was still in I would definitely not download Zoom. If people are downloading Zoom and getting involved it'll get tougher for them to leave. The ones on the edge will be easily identified and all tactics used to slide away will be noted and dealt with.

I wonder if the next thing will be a 'helpful' personal GPS tracking system to help you maintain social distancing - and enable the elders to see exactly where you are and who you are visiting.

Maybe an electronic shock delivered if you have been on a doorstep too long chatting.

Remake the bicycle so it like a whopping great gyroscope on wheels, stick them in that and they wont even be free to direct their own footsteps or direction of their head. Just program it so it takes them direct to Chelmsford.

• sir82
    sir82

Not sure it is an ideal time to fade.

Elders are contacting publishers at least weekly, in some cases daily, including people on the "inactive" list. If you don't answer a contact attempt, the calls / texts become more frequent and urgent.

Meetings are held on Zoom. Either your PC camera is on, so elders can see who is attending, or at least your name shows up as "signed on" even if you turn your camera off. There is "no excuse" for missing a meeting - it's right there at your home! No need to travel to the Kingdom Hall! If you're "tired", just sit on your sofa and watch!

Come to think of it, "fading" is virtually impossible now.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The time for "fading" will be when things gradually return to "normal". One just has to say they are "at risk" and thus continuing with social distancing for a while longer (and a while longer, and a while longer), including NOT attending meetings (for a while longer).

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I really think that the elders will tire of all the checking up that they are doing now. If this thing goes on for a few more months most elders will become complacent. Most elders are lazy when no one is watching! There is just that special something about not being there physically! IMHO

For faders, I know that there are several 'fringe' witnesses that I call and talk to weekly that are ecstatic over the current situation in the wt organization. Even if they 'attend' a zoom meeting, they have been shutting off the video part and doing other things like surfing the internet on their other devices while the boring meeting is going on. One of my really old friends (totally pimo) spends the time working on his motorcycle in the garage during the zoom meeting the he is 'attending'!

I've personally been completely inactive for 7 years now and even though I still attend some meeting with my pimi wife and have full access to all the congregation members, I do not receive the email link to hook up for the zoom meetings. Only my wife get the invite!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit