Lauryn Hill racist comments?

by Brummie 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Do you mean ceartain individuals in various ethnic groups?

yes to be clearer, that is what i meant. Racism exits, sad but true. And i agree with what AVi said, there is no "reverse racism" there is only racism.

Laura miller is doing just fine. May i suggest if u are not happy with Terrell Bolten being fired, perhaps u should go down to city hall and protest. Some are. It is a free country.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Merc? what the hell am I doing? What's wrong with what I said? I'm not making any judgements of Lauryn hill one way or the other. Gee, you sure are quick to jump to conclusions. Sorry Avaishai, didn't mean to jump down your throat. I really have no beef with you. But you seemed to be supporting her statements which I normally find to be highly prejudiced, unsubstantiated and biased. . Of course on reading it again I was able to make a dichotomy between what she said and what you may have meant, even though in principle I still may not agree with you. I would have to talk with you further to find out. Merc'

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Laura miller is doing just fine. May i suggest if u are not happy with Terrell Bolten being fired, perhaps u should go down to city hall and protest. Some are. It is a free country

Hmm. I might just do that! Especially after hearing how she bribed her way into office and then came right out and said that she wanted Chief Bolton removed.

Merc'

• Nickey
    Nickey

Whatever with all this... I'm still poppin' my Lauryn Hill CD in my stereo.

And people still tune into Howard Stern shows. Is HE any better with the comments he makes? And yet still has airplay and listeners?

No, no, no... I'm gonna be listening to track One

"It's funny how money change a situation
    Miscommunication lead to complication
    My emancipation don't fit your equation
    I was on the humble you on every station"

People like to have their ears tickled from one to the other.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Merc:

Lets not confuse a response to racism vs a truly racist statement.

Very good point. Sometimes (usually?) even just discussing this injustice causes extreme polarization, and misinterpretation. imo, none of the comments on this thread merit characterizing someone as a racist.

Craig

• wednesday
    wednesday

Nickey,

I just realized u are the Nickey from several months back whose mom was so sick and u were trying to decide about moving out.

Did u move out? I posted to u several times and know how it is, my mom had the same illness. We were all so worried about u. I have not been away form the board much, but i havent' seen u posting about it much.

Yes howard Stren is a ass.

• Nickey
    Nickey

wednesday,

Yes, I remember you posting a few times with encouragement. I appreciate that because I was on the verge. I'm on my way out once I get a few things settled. I'm really trying not to drop school because I really need the skills and certification. There's a few JW's who come by every now and then who make the situation worse. And pressuring me to start a book study when I already made it clear that I didn't want to. (Take the "No" and go.) She's gotten heavier into being a JW that it's being talked about 24/7 and she swears the tribulation is coming within 2 years; thanks to whatever was said at the Convention. I need freedom and peace of mind. That's what I'm aiming for.

Oops, sorry for the hijacking of the topic.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Listen Mercurious I don’t want to get in trouble with you,

I threw her CD in the garbage, it means what it means and basically I believe my son and moreover because he liked her very much before just as I did … (it’s very interesting to noticed how the media are trying to confuse people with what exactly she said : my answer is just show the interview or not ... SO ???) What kind of prof can I give you ? hum ? Seriously … I can only give you my word …

The precise sentence I don’t remember because we were chocked it had something to do with her kid and it was racist against the white people (who really like her, which is also terrible)

We didn’t discuss about the sentence (no needed) we discussed about how comes that very worldwide famous people are able to spread such kind of crap. it’s very kind of you to protect her … but my point of view is that it is her duty to this world to make it a better place instead of saying stupid stuff which is susceptible to set the world on fire (that was the matter of what we discussed about) … too much good music ( I mean A LOT), too much real interesting famous people, to be interested in her anymore …(I won't spend a cent for her CD's anymore)

You like her it’s your choice, it’s not my right to say that you wouldn’t. And somewhere it pleased me that you (as a white people ?) are able to take her defencethat is the good part of it (the problem is that you stated about something wrong) so my question is : if you have heard her how would have been your reaction ?… (that’s what I’m interesting in) And if that is " why " they are hiding the profs ... It's a good thing in fact ... and while I'm thinking about this I should have shut my mouth also !!! BASICALLY I'VE MESSED UP HERE !

" Everything's gonna be alright " ... (it's sounds good no ? ... finally I juste hope ...) And this will be my last word on this matter.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I am confused...you threw away the Cranberries too??? why?

My sister said she saw an interview where Hill said that as well....I believe her...but who knows if she was just being a smart ass and thought they would edit it out....

• arancia
    arancia

we all should think before we open our mouth,if lauryn hill made such a racist comment,for surely she will find out (very soon ) the cost of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit