Lauryn Hill racist comments?

by Brummie 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brummie
    Brummie

During an MTV interview singer Lauryn Hill said, "I would rather die than have a white person buy one of my albums."

True or false?

The inflammatory comment Hill supposedly made varies:

• "If I'd known white people were going to buy my last album, I never would have recorded it."

• "I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums."

• "I would rather die than have a white person buy one of my albums."

A lyric from "Cum On Everybody," a Eminem song off the 1999 The Slim Shady LP , states "Bought Lauryn Hill's tape so her kids could starve."

• Brummie
    Brummie

BTW Eminem did sing those lyrics but the accusations were false.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lauryn.htm

They are taken as fact by a lot of people I know.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lauryn.htm

According to Snopes it's false. If it were true I can imagine it would have a heap of people upset.

Hugs to you cute kitty!!

Cassi

• Brummie
    Brummie

(((Cassie)))

I thought it was false even though I heard it from several people, I decided to check it out tonight. Snopes says no one can produce the tape, that in itself doesnt make it false but it would be more than dumb to say such a thing since a lot of White people buy her records.

I wonder how many general urban legends we do promote as being factual.

Brummie

• DIM
    DIM

i've always viewed it as rumour...much along the lines of eddie vedder saying he worshipped satan.

any ex JW white or black should listen to "i get out" by lauryn hill - the lyrics bring chills down my spine

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

AS IF Lauryn would say something like that... She's is all soul. DK

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Yeah that's pretty silly. She wants to sell records. Who knows what anyone says behind closed doors but she isn't dumb enough to say such a thing publicly.

• larrynbabies
    larrynbabies

You know I think we are somewhat past the point of being shocked by the reverse discrimitory remarks that seem to get flung around without a whole lot of hoopla out there

Remeber the mike tyson escapades.

just another double standard scenario in the works and god help ya if you call it what it is.

• jelly
    jelly
    Remeber the mike tyson escapades.

Which one. My favorite Mike Tyson line was when he told that reporter... 'I want to eat your children'.

Who even thinks to say something like that.

Terry

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Who even thinks to say something like that.

The type of guy that confuses sex and rape

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit