Gangs of New York

by Maverick 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• Maverick
    Maverick

I just rented "Gangs of New York". I watched it last night and my daughter watched it this morning, we agree it was the worst thing we have endured in the last two years. We both thought it was terrible. I personally feel I was a better person before I saw this mess! I don't care if it was based on history. This was a bit of history I was quite better off not learning! I daughters' comment was that if she ever met the guy who made this movie, Scorsasi (I'm sure I mispelled that) She was going to "bitch him out"! Maverick

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Neither my husband nor I like it either. I did not think it was one of the best movies of the year at all....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Personally, I think Scorsese is highly overrated. I guess the Weinstein brothers (Miramax) took a hit on that big budget bust.

• DIM
    DIM

I thought it was a pretty straightforward, semi enjoyable movie. I didn't think it was a disaster and I didn't think it was a masterpiece. Just OK.

• RR
    RR
    we agree it was the worst thing we have endured in the last two years.

Worst then being a JW? hmmmm

• Maverick
    Maverick

Boy, you got me on that one RR! ...No, but it was the worst MOVIE I have endured! I kept waiting for it to redeem itself, and it never did! Just like the Watchtower society! Maverick

• wednesday
    wednesday

It is a violent movie. However, it is a very good movie. My hubby and i really enjoyed it.. I never knew so much about the history of new york. One thing that surprised me was the terrible racial intolerance. Isn't that supposed to be a southern problem? So we had racism allover the usa, and abroad. It was a powerful and moving work of art. i have seen it several times, an we own the DVD.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Wednesday, there are a lot of people who really liked this movie. I was told how great it was although sanguinary! For me there has to be at least someone I can identify with or like. None of the charaters in this movie did anything for me. I would never want them around me or have anything to do with them. I guess I'm too much of a wooshie! But one of my favorite movies is Pollyanna! Maverick

• RR
    RR

I watched it myself and I thought this setup looks like something out of "escape from New York" or any of those other apocalyptic movies. I thought "this is the past? looks like the terminator set."

RR

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I liked it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit