What scriptures do JW's quote that annoy you?

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

"Wait on Jehovah..............................................................................................

..........................................and wait.................................................................

and wait...........................................................................................................

........................................................................................................and wait."

Frannie B

• Swan
    Swan

"You children be obedient to your parents in everything, for this is well pleasing in the Lord." -- Col. 3:20

"To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." -- Ecc. 12:12

Tammy

• little witch
    little witch

Everything in Revelation.

It is their favorite book. I guess it gives them their best excuses for scaring little kids.

Any point they ever make, is backed up by Revelation, just to prove to their quaking audiences that jehober hates everybody but them.

As a side note, Revelation was not included in the official cannon without a fight. Even then it was feared that it could be interpreted in strange ways.

I hate that freakin book, myself. It serves no good purpose at all.

On second thought, now that I have had time to ponder it, I think that "scarlet beast" was hillary clinton. LOL

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

"remember your creator in the days of your youth" somewhere in ecclesiastes

• Gopher
    Gopher

Actually it didn't annoy me then, but it does now:

Matthew 24:14. Oh come on, you all know what it says !!!

ANYHOW, the WT Society uses that scripture as if it were a command incumbent on every single person who reads it. Either you preach (and do it their way), or Jehovah's gonna getcha!!

But what about the verse where Paul wrote "he gave SOME as preachers, SOME as ministers", etc. So wasn't he saying that SOME have the gift of teaching/disciple making, whereas others are better behind the scenes????

But the WT Society makes every member feel THEY MUST do it. That's because they need all that free labor to keep their publishing empire running.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Psalms 83:18

Yo! JWs! Get your head out of your ass! Most people already know the name of the god of the bible... there is no reason to go around saying Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18! Psalms 83:18!

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Lev 5:1 Rat on (report) your mother, father, spouse, children, brother, sister, and best friend so you can live forever. Did I forget to include your family pet if they have had a blood transfusion?

• micheal
    micheal

I think this scripture has such a hold on most jw's. "God will never let you go through anything you can't bear". This scripture has helped millions live miserable lives.

• arancia
    arancia

GALATIANS 5:14-15 ( WHO IS THE NEIGHBOUR ?) AND WHO IS THE ONE THAT DOES NOT DEVOUR ONE ANOTHER IN AND OUT THE CONGRGATION ? ) I GOT SICK MANY TIMES TO WATCH SUCH HYPOCRITICAL LOVE ) AND GALATIANS 5:22 I LIVE IT TO YOU.

• sens
    sens

" because they have love among themselves.....'' John 13:34, 35

(YER RIGHT )

Well that rules Out The WTS as being The One True Religion

3 Sens 4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit