What scriptures do JW's quote that annoy you?

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

or mis-quote... that's even worse.

the one that bugs the hell out of me that my mom would always quote is "out of the mouths of babes"

what are some of yours?

Doodle-V

Regular Wine-eer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

1 Cor. 15:33

• micheal
    micheal

Prov 18:10

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good ones, Stinky and Micheal!

One that comes to my mind is Matthew 24:45-47.... it's the operating license for the faithful indiscreet slave.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you." (Exodus 20:12)

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I am so happy that I can honestly say I don't recall a single one.

But I do remember them telling me I wasn't doing enough every week.

• Farkel
    Farkel

To be fair and honest:

There is not a single scripture that the WTS uses that is taken in context and even honest. I mean this.

I'm not talking about the obvious stuff: "love your neighbor, et. al." I'm talking about the rest of WTS doctrine that is, basically, made up by them. As they go.....

Their leaders are the biggest losers in the hisory of religious losers. I MEAN this!

Farkel

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Deuteronomy 23:1

• mustang
    mustang

Tinkerbell,

I see you get the scripture used as a club on you also.

But, it gets worse: I always get the one about "first commandment with a promise" from my father. The New Testament/Greek Scriptures comment on "honor thy father and mother" rubs some extra salt in that wound he just sliced open.

This is when he is beating my up about "not doing enough" or to go to meetings and "do something".

So, I fired this one back at him a while ago:

1 Peter 4:15

"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

It puts nosy JW’s hounding someone else to go to meetings or KH up there with thieves and murderers.

Actually, Farkel is right: these jerks wrote the book on being losers.

Mustang

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat
    What scriptures do JW's quote that annoy you?

Pretty much everything between Genesis 1:1 and Revelations 22:21....

other than that... I am willing to listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit