What scriptures do JW's quote that annoy you?

by doodle-v 31 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

John 13:34,35 (JWs only apply this to themselves)

A scripture guaranteed to make me sick enough to stay home from the WT study.

Blondie

• smack
    smack

all of Thelosians

Steve

• Francois
    Francois

I'm afraid that Farkel beat me to the meat of the issue in that there is no scripture that the WTBTS uses honestly and in context. All the scriptures they use are in some way twisted to support the purpose which they have in mind for it to support.

In fact, and as you are aware, JWs are regarded by many as bible geniuses for their knee-jerk ability to cough up scripture upon scripture. Upon closer examination, JWs can and do cough up a few textually-based scriptures they used to "prove" points in their so-called "theology" beyond that, they know nothing of the rest of the bible. I'd say they know about 2 to 5% of the scriptures.

The same is true of them, but worse, when they quote non-biblical sources to "prove" their points. They are most famous for using the ellipsis (...) indicating that some material is omitted. Yeah. Omitted. In one case several PAGES of the original source were omitted with that convenient ellipsis. How droll.

I think my original mistrust of the JWs use of scripture was in connection with the evolution argument when they quoted a scripture about God being one of peace, not confusion. When I looked it up, it was making reference to maintaining order and quiet at a meeting of early christians. It had nothing whatever to do with evolution.

Face it. The WTBTS governing body, writing department, and each and everyone else right down to the smallest three-year old publisher is a liar for Jesus. And will ever be just that and nothing more unless they get the hell away from that lying pack of jackals known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Frank Tyrrell

• Satanus
    Satanus

All of them.

SS

• Xena
    Xena

"bad association spoils useful habits"

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They never quit beating the Hebrews 10:24, 25 drum while I was in, I got so sick of it

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"and this good news of the kingdom shall be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come."

Matthew 24:14.

And me going door to door for one and a half hours every Saturday Morning is a fulfillment of this prophecy?

bah, humbug!

CZAR

• Hamas
    Hamas

Proverbs 4:18

' The path of the righteous is like a bright light, shining brighter and brighter until the day draws near '

They associate that with the 'mistakes' they have made.

... it is for these reasons that I no longer mention the bible when talking to Witnesses. Everything you say just comes back, and everything they say comes back. Its all a catch 22.

• dancnfool_60
    dancnfool_60

Leviticus 19:28...thier joke of proof that we are not to tatto our bodies,

WELL!!!!!!......if I recall right they also tell us we are not longer under the mosaic law and if they are trying to use this scripture then we ARE....and if that is true, then they are going against the scriptures themselves by not allowing the brothers to have beards or goaties because the scripture right above that one..(Lev 19:27) quotes..."YOU MUST NOT DESTROY THE EXTREMITY OF YOUR BEARD"

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Using Isaiah 43:10-12 that refers to the nation of Israel and then turning it around as a basis for naming a modern day group that is far removed from the nation of Israel.

Also, there love affair with the name Jehovah. (Psalms 83:18 and Matt. 6:9) Sometimes I think they worship the name rather than the PERSON.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit