Adam to be Resurrected - Yes?

by Focus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

Hello Aguest,

Thanks for the peace.

Some further thoughts ...

Did Adam/Eve truly REJECT the Tree of Life by eating first from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

Wouldn't eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil simply place them on a par with us (that of sinning first, ... and, having the opportunity of repenting and choosing JESUS (Life) after?

In fact, weren't they driven (and kept) from the garden, as have been all of their physical descendents, so that they might not eat from the Tree of Life? This would not infer a rejection, would it?

We know that it isn't recorded that Adam repented, but is it not true that little of what Adam did after his habitation in the garden is recorded?

Peace back at ya,

JustAThought

• JustAThought
    JustAThought

P.S. AGuest,

... also, don't we, like Adam/Eve, have the choice of the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil ever before us in this life, and, in most cases, like Adam/Eve, choose to eat from the Tree of Knowledge (OGAE) many times, before we choose to partake of the Tree of Life?

JustAThought

• kes152
    kes152

Hi rutht,

you said:

"With all due respect, you agree that there are not two chances to be saved, yet you seem to be saying exactly that when you say that our flesh will be judged and then later some will also have their spirits judged."

ok, I was not saying that. I was saying that the flesh dies and returns to the dust, or Jah kills the flesh due to the sins in the flesh. When we are judged, only our spirits are judged. And if we are written in the Lambs scoll, our spirits will be granted everlasting life. If it's not written, it will be destroyed forever in the lake of fire.

This really does not make sense to me. It seems like some are getting two chances to get it right.

When the flesh dies that is not a judgement. The flesh dies because the flesh in itself cannot live forever. It is your spirit that stands judgement. Your spirit will answer to Jah for all the things you did while in the flesh. In reality, your spirit outlives your flesh. When your flesh "returns to the earth" your spirit just goes to another place and waits patiently until Judgement Day.

Also, I am curious, do you believe in a Paradise Earth as the WTS has pictured it or are your beliefs somewhat different?

There will be a "new earth" to inherit, it just won't be physical and we won't "live forever in the flesh" as the WTS says. Jesus never made such a promise, in fact he said the opposite.

John 6:63

Peace you you,
    Aaron

• rutht
    rutht

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I now have a better idea of what you believe, and I agree with most of it. Thanks for your trouble.
    rutht

• kes152
    kes152

No trouble at all. I enjoyed our conversation!

Have a GREAT day!
    Aaron

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

There is one good reason to know that Adam will not be resurrected.

1. He never existed.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Poor Adam with a Neanderthal/early Homo Sapiens brain! He does not understand God's grand scheme concerning knowledge of all things. The tree of Life was available. Only Knowledge of good and evil mattered to Jehovah. Curious part of the story. It involved no crime or immorality. Knowledge of good and evil. What parents and extended family did Adam have to teach him how to behave concerning Knowledge. Oh, I love the part where Adam just listened to Eve, horrible horrible Eve. Adam was evidently not an Alpha Male.

We may all be sinners but sin can be relative. I tell a polite lie to get out of an uncomfortable social engagement or I am Hitler or the Khmer Rouge (Rwanda). All humans have suffered because of the decision Adam made concerning Knowledge of good and evil. So he made the decision to eat Knowledge before he had knowledge! He did it lacking knowledge.NO criminal law would find Adam guilty. There was no intent.

Perhaps, maybe the story is a myth told thousands upon thousands of years later after civilization and writing happen. Knowledge of good and evil makes humans different from animals (or so we now believe. I would trust my Jack Russell terrier to know good from evil. Imagine Adam had less knowledge than a Skinner rat).

Christ died for all. Adam is a single unit of all. We are Adam. All lthe NT rock stars, the evangelists and Paul, John, Peter are Adam. Jesus was human so he saved Himself.

• jam
    jam

Will they be resurrected?

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

If you don't know what, sin, Bad, wrong, or actually the opposite of good is, how will you know, what the consequences would hold. Surely you would die, die, what does that mean...Adam says, I don't know what that means...Die or Dead...God says, well it's the opposite of life, Adam says: Duh God, I still don't get it...

So how would Adam & Eve know what evil is, since they didn't have the experience of it...Plus, God made a rule & with rules...comes....Laws...

Don't start none won't be none...I really & truly want to believe in the bible (not man's interpretation), but at times...it's difficult. Some things just don't make any sense. I think God had a real simple message...Love one another, take care of one another & don't dominate one another...

So all that to say...How could the first couple know the opposite of bad, if they never experienced it...How many witnesses don't know anything about the world, certain saying, certain events...& they have the media..Adam & Eve only had God showing them all the nice things...then he made a rule..Maybe that wasn't such a good idea...but I guess he didn't want any robots. Has anyone ever wondered if Adam said, to Eve, I done told ya not to eat it, I'm not eating it...then when God showed up he could say...God, she ate it...I didn't...would've been a whole different story...Maybe God would have given him another woman...who knows.... a friend of mine says Adam was a simpleton...Or would've God still be angry with females only...

According to the witnesses...no, not ever would Adam & Eve be resurrected, they are very adamant about it too...guess if they were resurrected most of the witnesses would kick their butts....cuz if they didn't eat of the tree...we would have been naked & happy..

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit