Will Adam Be Resurrected?

1928 - Yes - 1928RECO 323-9
    1952 - No - 1952LGBT 119

--
    Focus
    (Anti-flipfloppery Class)

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Well if Adam is ressurected I hope I get to meet him and tell him who's bloody fault it is that mankind has suffered for thousands of years.
    How do you cope with living FOREVER with a guilty conscience?
    I could almost feel sorry for HIM.

Free

• kes152
    kes152

My Lord says that Adam will indeed "stand before the throne of God on Judgement Day. For ALL are resurrected, some to life, and everyone else to judgement.

All will be resurrected, now as to whether Adam will recieve "life" or not ... will be determined/announced on Judgement Day.

The same will happen with all those "destroyed" in the flesh such as Sodom and Gomorrah, Cannanites, Edomites, etc. All will stand before the Judgement seat. And the Judge will decide who gets life, and who doesn't.

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Focus,

there was sometime ago, a quite interesting
    article on the "atonement for humankind" in a Bible Students
    site, referring to the writing of C.T. Russell in 1909 or
    a similar date. The purpose was to show that WTS claim to
    have the same beliefs , as the early Bible students, was
    false because ,today, they deny the ransom sacrifice application
    to Adam. As you know things have changed since, but "the word
    of God remains forever". Amen

Thanks again for you posts,
    Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Kes,

"My Lord says that Adam will indeed "stand before the throne of God on Judgement Day. For ALL are resurrected, some to life, and everyone else to judgement."

Just where in the scriptures is this statement to be found?

1 Corinthians 15:45 specifically states that there is another 'Adam.' Paul states: "It is even so written: 'The first man Adam became a living soul.' The last Adam became a lifegiving spirit." If the first Adam is to be resurrected, why is there a need for another Adam? Verse 22 of this same chapter states: "For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive."

What is the basis for the resurrection of a human who was perfect and deliberately sinned? As the Bible shows, 'Adam was not deceived.' His was a deliberate act, an act of disloyalty to Jehovah. Will Jesus' blood cover his sin? I don't think so! Paul explains that 'while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.' (Romans 5:8) He died for those who received, as their inheritance, sin and death from their father, Adam. He made it possible for humans to have life, to be free of the condemnation to sin and death. (Romans 5:18,19) In effect, he took the place of Adam because Adam will never see the light of day again. Adam was never promised anything other than 'you will return to dust.' (Genesis 3:19)

bjc

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

you guys are funny!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The same will happen with all those "destroyed" in the flesh such as Sodom and Gomorrah, Cannanites, Edomites, etc. All will stand before the Judgement seat. And the Judge will decide who gets life, and who doesn't.

Didn't God get it right the first time when he destroyed all those people? If he did, there would be no reason to stand again and be judged. Those guys are already croaked and have been for millenia.

If, on the other hand God deems them to be worthy of life, then why did he personally kill them before?

It makes not a shred of sense.

Farkel

• Amazing
    Amazing

Gawd booby-trapped Adam to die and pass along imperfection IF he transgressed. Nothing in the Bible says that Adam was even remotely aware of the actual consequences. I am sure if Gawd had warned Adam and maybe taken his in a vision (while perfect Gawd could speak directly with him) and show Adam the future IF he screws up, then Adam would have been prepared, and I am sure that being a good, sinless, and perfect man he would have made the right choice.

As it is, the TREE test was not only a childish way to deal with perfect adults, but, it was not even remotely fair or caring. It was as IF Gawd was trying to set a trap that he knew Satan and Adam and Eve would fall for.

I am not judging Gawd, but I think all the claims made about the mythological-allegorical acocunt of Adam and Eve have forced many religions, like the JWs to use layers and layers of legalese, plausibilities, and rationalizations to try and explain away what otherwise would have been a nice bedtime story for children.

Amazing

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

What about those killed during the flood?

How about Solomon?

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Cliff Jackson
    Cliff Jackson

"All will be resurrected, now as to whether Adam will recieve "life" or not ... will be determined/announced on Judgement Day.

The same will happen with all those "destroyed" in the flesh such as Sodom and Gomorrah, Cannanites, Edomites, etc. All will stand before the Judgement seat. And the Judge will decide who gets life, and who doesn't."

Peace to you,
    Aaron

Well, at last I have someone to talk to. Are you of the oppinion that God is going to give the Sodomites another chance, or does He just want to torment them and tease them a bit before He "casts them into the Lake of Fire?"

Did God abort the fetuses and zygotes of the little Soda Mite bass turds before taking them to Heaven to await their parent's judgements?

Tell me more of your erudite wisdom. Which side of the Hell fire fence are you on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit