Adam to be Resurrected - Yes?

by Focus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• kes152
    kes152

bjc2012:

you asked:

Just where in the scriptures is this statement to be found?

your answer:

John 5:28, 29
    Revelation 20:12

you then said:

"1 Corinthians 15:45 specifically states that there is another 'Adam.' Paul states: "It is even so written: 'The first man Adam became a living soul.' The last Adam became a lifegiving spirit." If the first Adam is to be resurrected, why is there a need for another Adam? Verse 22 of this same chapter states: "For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive."

You are assuming that "resurrection" results in one recieving everlasting life. That is incorrect. Resurrection means "standing up [again]." Those who come out of death, had'es and the sea were 'resurrected' or released from the "world of the dead." Although resurrected, if their name is not written in the scroll of the Lamb, their resurrection will prove to be a "resurrection to judgement" and thus, the lake of fire. No one is "destroyed" until they have been judged worthy of such. This judgement will not take place until Judgement Day.

Adam was 'sentenced' due to his sins in the flesh. Adam has not been judged with reference to his 'sins in the spirit.' Such judgement will not take place until Judgement Day. "For it is appointed for man to die once, and AFTER this the judgement." (Heb. 9:27)

you also said:

"Will Jesus' blood cover his sin? I don't think so! "

Perhaps you don't yet understand this, but, you are not THE JUDGE. You CANNOT say who Jesus' blood will cover and who Jesus blood won't cover.

Jesus said:

"WHOMEVER believes in me is not to be judged. Whomever does not believe in me has been judged already because he has not believed in the only begotten Son of God."

"Whomever," is whomever, anyone is ANYONE (including Adam). Also, the Father himself said:

"I will show mercy upon WHOMEVER I do have mercy, and I will show compassion upon WHOMEVER I do show compassion."

So if God wants to show mercy and let the blood of Adam's brother atone for Adam's sins in the spirit, WHO ARE YOU?!

The revelation given to the Son of God made it very clear that the Adversary would be destroyed, but that revelation DID NOT say Adam would be thrown into the lake of fire.

you also said:

") In effect, he took the place of Adam because Adam will never see the light of day again. Adam was never promised anything other than 'you will return to dust.' (Genesis 3:19)"

Indeed, his flesh returned to the dust, and his spirit "returned to the true God who gave it." And that spirit awaits its judgement together with all the other 'spirits in prision.'

Jesus did not 'take the place of Adam' for Adam was not granted "all authority in heaven and on earth" nor was Adam going to be "responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him." Adam was a 'son of God' born in the manner of flesh. Jesus was Adam's brother 'born in the manner of spirit.' Adam relinquished his everlasting spirit to "fulfill the desires of his flesh." While Adam's brother "denied his flesh" and did what was good in the spirit.

If God wants to, he can allow Jesus' love for his brother cover the sins of his brother. For it is God's decision, not yours nor mine.

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• kes152
    kes152

Hey Farkel,

Didn't God get it right the first time when he destroyed all those people? If he did, there would be no reason to stand again and be judged. Those guys are already croaked and have been for millenia.

God killed them in the flesh, they still must answer for their 'sins in the spirit.'

If, on the other hand God deems them to be worthy of life, then why did he personally kill them before?

He killed them because of their sin in the flesh was great and deserved "death in the flesh." If they, however believe in the Son, their sins in the spirit can be 'atoned for' and recieve everlasting life.

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

A few years before his death in 1992, Fred Franz wrote an article entitled something like "My Life as A JW" that was published in one of the magazines. In the piece, he commented about an early meeting he had with Russell where Franz asked Russell about the question of the resurrection of Adam. Franz phrased the question in a way that he thought the answer was definitely in the negative, and Russell commented that "he had answered his own question".

So Russell at the time (ca. 1912?) thought that Adam wasn't coming back.

• professor
    professor

If Adam gets resurrected I say we all jump his ass and beat the snot out of him.

• kes152
    kes152

If Adam gets resurrected I say we all jump his ass and beat the snot out of him.

Ahh, professor:

Have you forgotten that

"You who are WITHOUT sin cast the first stone."

You and I can be found "just as guilty" as him. for sin, is sin. Whether its lying, cheating, disobedience, murder, "hating your brother" and thus a MANSLAYER (like the Adversary), etc. etc.

;-)

• larc
    larc

Hi folks,

Now if I had been God, back in Adam's time, I would have reflected on the situation as follows: "I thought that I had created this perfect couple, but I was wrong. So I will wipe out these two and start over again, rather than wiping out billions of their offspring later. If I wipe out billions later, it gets kind of messy, and it will detract from my image of love for all the angels. And by the way, note myself, get rid of that Satan character too, before he stirs up any more trouble." It just seems like good management of the universe to me.

• kes152
    kes152

larc

It just seems like good management of the universe to me.

Of course it would make sense, with those limited facts that you have.

In actuality, there is an 'issue' raised in heaven that was raised long BEFORE Adam and Eve. Even BEFORE God's firstborn Son. In fact, this issue was at hand LONG before the Adversary was created. (And I am NOT talking about "God's sovereignty" for ALL know God is sovereign)

If you understood what "happened" in the beginning, you would understand why creation is temporarily kaotic.

I leave you peace,
    Aaron

• rutht
    rutht

Kes,

Are you saying that some will die physically twice?

• kes152
    kes152

Hi rutht,

No, they will not physically die twice. The flesh dies, however the spirit must be destroyed.

This is the purpose of the Lake of fire. Just like how "physical" fire can bring death to the flesh, physically. The spiritual fire brings destruction to the spirit. this is the "real" fire. The lake that burns with fire.

When you die in the flesh, your flesh returns to the dust. You spirit "returns to the true God who gave it." That 'spirit' when judged will either recieve everlasting life and be filled with holy spirit, or be completely destroyed by being cast into the lake of fire. Destruction to the SPIRIT is the "second death," of which there is NO resurrection. The "second death" is the REAL death.

This is why he said "Fear not those who can kill the body, but after this can do nothing more."

Resurrection means "standing up [again]." The dead "come out" of had'es (the world of the dead) and "stand up again" (hence resurrected) before the throne of God. The "dead" are 'spirits' with no life in them. (John 6:53) Because they have no life in themselves, they are considered "dead." If those spirits are thrown into the lake, they have the "second death" where they cannot stand up AT ALL. They are completely destroyed.

Hope that helps,
    Aaron

• Lostchild2
    Lostchild2

Please explain, I am curious. You believe chaos existed before creation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit