Will Watchtower target the inactive?

by ToesUp 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If Watchtower has NO reason to DF ones. They have just become inactive. Do you all think WT will begin a witch hunt (DF'ing) for these inactive ones? Ones who have not spoken to others or met with the Elders about their doubts, they have just disappeared.

This has become a topic in our household. Just want to get your feedback.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

Well I mean in a way they do go on the hunt for inactive ones, it's called "shepherding visits." As the policy currently stands they don't try to DF an inactive on so long as they aren't seen by the community as a Jehovah's Witness. I suppose it's possible they could change their stance on this in the future though.

• Londo111
    Londo111

As the organization declines over time, desperation might make their rule harsher as they attempt to cling to the reins, and they might.

• sir82
    sir82

This forum has been in existence for about 17 years now.

This question has been raised on this forum, I would guess, about 6 or 7 times a year.

I.e., there have been 100 or more persons, just in this forum, speculating that the WTS would "go after" inactives any day now.

It has never happened in all that time, and I see no reason for them to start now.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I don't think it's necessary for them to go after "inactive" JWs. The cult mind control is so strong that indoctrinated JWs pre-emptively shun any who are less "spiritual" than they are, even if there was no announcement.

Three "sisters" were doing RVs in my neighborhood a couple of days ago. I refuse to play the shunning game, so I walked up to the car while they were sitting in the driveway chatting. My neighbor was not home. I said hello and smiled. There was a lot of stammering and looking down. They were clearly uncomfortable. The only thing the driver could come up with was, "oh, I see you still have the same little dog." The former elderette *itch in the back seat just glared at me.

• never a jw
    never a jw

They have too many problems to be chasing inactive people. They need volunteers to do the chasing first.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sail away said it. No. The inactive are demonized and stigamatized enough that most JWs stay away from "weak ones" of their own accord.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    I don't think it's necessary for them to go after "inactive" JWs. The cult mind control is so strong that indoctrinated JWs pre-emptively shun any who are less "spiritual" than they are, even if there was no announcement.

Yes, this is a good observation. The JWs 'shoot their wounded'...the attrition losses must be staggering. How long could this go on?

• pontoon
    pontoon

I'm out since 2010. Very seldom do they even stop at my house anymore. Sometimes when they do I know they don't want to talk, they knock softly, leave a watchtower pamphlet (no longer a magazine) and leave fast.

• TD
    TD

No, not unless they stop baptizing minors...

The voluntary nature of JW activities serves a legal purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit