We Had My Mom's Memorial Talk Today

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hope you get through this Min, don't let that elder get you down and don't stress over him. i know it's easier said than done but we are all here for you.

Kate xx

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Glad this part is over. This is the hardest. Hopefully each day will you will feel better.

Take good care of yourself.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry for your loss. Min... We know how close you were to her (and no doubt from her to you, despite the differences in faith)

The "Memorial" event is a trauma.. I have attended a few including my own family ones..Be glad it is over and reflect that the meeting is what your mum would have wanted

Now is the time to adjust to life without her....Take care of yourself, mate..

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    If they would tell me they "might drop by when they get a chance", I would say "Oh, don't put yourself out, but if you do, please phone first". Then, I would not answer (bless you, caller ID) or make sure to not be home.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry for your loss minimus. I read in your other thread that you were by you mom's side when she passed away. What a caring, loving, loyal and faithful son!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm glad that part is over for you.

I would think maybe they say odd things when they don't really know what to say or do. Likely, all will get on with their lives.

For about a month after my mom passed I received emails and cards. It was weird as I had not heard from these people in years. But it was thoughtful for them to take the time to communicate. I never responded, so I'm prob the a$$. But what do you do...

You were lucky to have such a loving relationship with your mom. Sending comfort and peace your way min.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi
    My deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother. I hope that elder leaves you alone. It's enough you have to grieve without dealing with that.
  • flipper
    flipper
    My wife and I send our condolences on the loss of your mom Minimus. You had a great relationship with your mom. She brought a lot to your life. Hang in there buddy, Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit