We Had My Mom's Memorial Talk Today

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most everyone was very nice. I did get a couple of we miss you soooo much and an elder that said he might drop by someday to say hello when he gets a chance....I'm already prepared for him if he should show up.

over all, it got finished and I'm going to bed.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    my thoughts and prayers are with you minimus!!!! sleep good
  • prologos
    prologos
    live your life through this phase, and brace for the 2 week down. condolences belatedly
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

My condolences. It's bad enough to have to deal with the loss of your mother without all of the added drama of the cult behavior.

Hang in there, you'll get through this!

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

When he gets a chance.....you are not exactly a priority are you!

Condolences Minimus.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Take it easy Min'
  • Heaven
    Heaven

I am glad you were able to get through it and that everyone was nice. There are always those who feel the need to witness. Sheesh.

At my Mom's memorial, I put together some picture boards of her over the years. Everyone loved them! Yes, I was surreptitiously trying to nullify the crap talk about the Borg as much as I could by having a lovely visual presentation of my wonderful Mom. Many who were there (from the Borg) didn't really know her because my Dad had moved away from their congregation to another area. But some family were able to make it and that was nice.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Many of us here are thinking of you Minimus.

You'll maintain your dignity in the face of any attempts by the elder to "encourage you."

• minimus
    minimus

This guy that spoke to me briefly, is a COBE and a fill in CO. He's self righteous, appears very kind and always has an agenda. I had a strong hand in appointing him as an elder in the early 80's. He would be the only elder that I know of that would push to either try to get me back or go after me. Now that my mom has passed, I don't give a crap.

• cognac
    cognac
    My condolences Min...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit