Troublesome Trinity Verses Part 1

by hooberus 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mizpah
    mizpah

ellderwho:

Do you see the trinity doctrine as an essential belief for salvation?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Miz

I dont know of any "essential belief for salvation" on our part.

ellderwho

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Miz,

I dont want to be mis-understood as a "believer" YES there are essential beliefs. Because of the spirit.

As a non-believer "for salvation" obvisously no.

ellderwho

• mizpah
    mizpah

Ellderwho:

Thanks for clarifying. The reason I asked is most trinitarians consider the trinity as the "central doctrine" of Christianity. Many feel that it IS an essential doctrine for salvation. It's good to know that some trinitarians do not put that much importance on it. Although I disagree with you on your conclusions about the scriptures, I appreciate you expressing your viewpoints.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Miz,

Anytime. The title of this thread really fits. I wonder if there will be a part 2. Do ya think one is needed?

ellderwho

• hooberus
    hooberus

I have been away from normal internet acess for a couple of days. I was surprised by the amount of comments here. I plan on posting some responses to comments on 1 Corinthians 8:4-6 (the original verse of this thread). Many other "troublesome" verses have been brought up. I will take some of these and start theads for them. Due to the complexity of the subject, several threads each covering one or two verses will be started Lord willing. Thanks for all your comments,

hooberus

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mizpah:

The reason I asked is most trinitarians consider the trinity as the "central doctrine" of Christianity.

I'd disagree, the central doctrine of Christianity is Christ.

Many feel that it IS an essential doctrine for salvation.

Again, whilst "many" Christians feel it is important, when you really get down to it the essential doctrine for salvation would be Christ.

How many billboards say "Believe in the Trinity and be saved!"?
    Bringing this back to the purpose of the board, again, how many JW's find "Christ" as their central doctrine?

I've enjoyed following this thread, albeit I've not been around much this past weekend.
    As usual, your contributions have been interesting

Herk:
    Still flying off the handle, huh?
    Give Ellderwho some Christian compassion, eh?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Thanks Toe

ellderwho

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Trinity is the most farcical obnoxious doctrine of all religions --- who was Jesus praying to when he prayed -himself? You all should read a great book sometime forgotten the author

When Jesus became God

It is the one doctrine I am absolutely convinced JWs have correct

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Little Toe,

I stepping out here, What are your thoughts on 2Cor.13:14 NAS and the order that its given.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy spirit be with you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit