Troublesome Trinity Verses Part 1

by hooberus 133 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

So fellers,

Why do you think it is that the" Trinity" subject......on this board ( and probably any other board), seems to drag out the longest with each party usually coming away with nothing?

If you knuckleheads would put as much time figuring out why you cannot make sense of this subject in a way both can agree on, as you do debating each other........you would finally agree......(hint hint)

..............and that goes for you too LT .......ya knucklehead

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFL

I just love debating and discussing stuff. I guess that makes me of Greek descent (in line with the thread that I started ), though I aint no Adonis.

Of all the subjects that we had rammed down our throats, the "Trinity" was the one that appeared to be argued the most vociferously. It's a real pleasure to be able to discuss it rationally, and express ones opinion. That doesn't mean that it's not a robust exchange at times, though

Personally I care not a whit if anyone is convinced. Winning is helping others think in new ways and encouraging expression (almost as an artform in itself). IMHO if the point is missed (i.e. "love") then that is the real tragedy.
    I have to say that I'm really enjoying this exchange with Dean, and hope we get a chance to meet, one day.

I could say the same about you, Gumby, but I'd be lying
    LOL (j/k).

• gumby
    gumby
    I have to say that I'm really enjoying this exchange with Dean, and hope we get a chance to meet, one day.

I could say the same about you, Gumby, but I'd be lying

Ooooooooooouch!

You fibber! You know you wanna meet me! Which btw I might add........when are you coming to the states again? I live only a couple hours from the shelbmeister in Northern Calif., and a meet up would be nice. The Farklemeister lives near the Shelbmeister also.

Gumby

• Dean Porter
    Dean Porter

LittleToe,

I appreciate the kind words.

I too am enjoying our discussions and in particular the fact that we can discuss these things in a respectful manner.

I used to get so frustrated at the Kingdom Hall when trying to develop deeper thoughts during meetings and realising that it was just going straight over the heads of most there.

By discussing these matters I am finding I am needing to reflect on scripture more deeply and really examine meaning of texts. Thus I am benefitting from the 'study ' I am having to do.

I hadn't picked up a bible in about 6 years before I started visiting this site. I have got the ' interest' again in knowing more about the scriptures and it is of benefit that I am not restricted to a set creed by some man made organisation to hinder my thinking.

Speak to you on your new thread. Lets see if we can agree on more than what we disagree on.

regards,

Dean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit