Looking for those with legal expertise to work for free

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

An announcement to all congregations those with legal experience please come and work for free to cover up child abusers.

I mean what else would it be for?

the cheek of it.

So the direction was always don’t go for advanced education and careers but now they are looking for such ones to give if their time and education for free?

• careful
    careful

Have you considered the possibility that some Witness lawyers don't want to fill that role, especially if they did so in the past and were more competent than yes-man Brumley? Such ones could have foreseen the mass of legal trouble the org was headed toward and left, creating the current void. Now the org is hard up and looking for replacements, more brainless yes-men who will do whatever the GB tells Brumley to implement?

It's just one possible scenario.

• Ding
    Ding

After lambasting the Catholic church for covering up pedophilia, the WT rushes headlong to emulate them.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

they can pay high $ to cult apologist and those who defended the Catholic church, but they expect free labor from the "brothers" and "sisters"...JERKS!

• careful
    careful

Just to clarify: "Such ones could have foreseen the mass of legal trouble the org was headed toward and left the legal department" not necessarily the org.

• Simon
    Simon

I love how they promote the idea that people shouldn't get formal further education and careers, but are happy to free-load those who ignored their advice or had the fortune to only join after they obtained them.

Hypocrites.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"Hmmm... rent out my time for hundreds of dollars an hour to people who pay for legal help, or donate my time for free to the same people who encouraged me to become a mailroom clerk when I was 18? Tough call."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TONUS OH:

I understand your sarcasm!

I feel this is also akin to JWs criticizing a person with a job/career but yet imagining that same person should give a$$istance to people in the religion who never worked!!

This is what I encountered. When I attempted to explain it to a JW I was friendly with in the early years - she responded with anger!.. I just cannot get over the wrong attitude of entitlement coupled with selective memory loss that too many Witnesses have.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

.....the Borg looking for those with legal expertise to work for free? And needing those people who have such education from which the Borg discourages so the Borg can benefit from that?

Like I always say,,,,,the Borg is in fact,,,its worst enemy.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I had a JW friend who was an Attorney. Watchtower almost drove him into bankruptcy asking for "favors" 24/7. He was happy to do it for free, but after a couple of years, it got really old. He closed his private practice, got a 9-5 job for a large corporation, and told Watchtower he could no longer help.

A family member who is a Para legal was asked to help as well. After two years of free labor. She left.

I imagine many professionals get tired of defending pedophiles for free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit