Elder's Visit -- What do you say

by CaptK 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Welcome to the best place. The thought i have when someone say's they are expecting an elder visit is to remember,you can say no.You do not have to be polite.You owe them nothing.So many people feel elders are some kind of greatness and owe them respect and kindness when they are only out to recruit or get back members.If the devil himself wanted to visit would you think of an excuse or just say NO.

• kls
    kls

Welcome to the best place. The thought i have when someone say's they are expecting an elder visit is to remember,you can say no.You do not have to be polite.You owe them nothing.So many people feel elders are some kind of greatness and owe them respect and kindness when they are only out to recruit or get back members.If the devil himself wanted to visit would you think of an excuse or just say NO.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Cap, welcome to the board! Folks are great here. Hope I don't sound cold but the elders care more about what you represent. You are a number, if you return they can jot you down as a number that's returned. You will be in a long list of numbers sent to the Society along with service reports, reg. publisher meeting attendence and so forth. Sorry to say, as nice as some elders are, they care more about numbers than you as an individual. If they dared come to my door, I would tell it to them straight. I am never going back to the guilt, fear and man made control, I am free and lovin' it - I wish the same for you. - V Sky

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

WELCOME to the forum, CaptK.....if you're not willing to go back and be totally shunned and humiliated for another year and then somewhat for the rest of your life, just tell 'em you're not into S&M anymore, Cap... Cheers!

Frannie B

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome K! These guys, what do they do for a living? The two who wanted to talk to me were, a retired grocery clerk, and a lawn guy. I called them and asked what a retired grocery clerk and a lawn guy wanted to talk to me about? I didn't need anything from them. I was confused. Did they think their phoney WatchTower Ministers diploma had any value to me, just cause the book publishing corporation they worship told them it did? Oh! Wait! They don't even get a diploma! If you read the Awake all the time it is like a college education remember? Ya, if your Mork from Ork! Maverick

• talesin
    talesin

Many welcomes, CaptK!!!!

In my experience, you tell them to leave, never darken your door again. And mark on the territory card that they are not wanted.

Just to be sure, put a note on the mailbox, JWs not welcome here.

Worked for moi.

talesin

• caspian
    caspian

Welcome Capt.

Yes it is that time of Year again Sept. The start of a new service year

When all the elders are ordered to visit all the D/f and D/a ed in the cong.

Watch out there could be an elder on his way to see you......................

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

If it is said with sincerity and the proper tone of voice, "PISS OFF" can be stated in a seemingly inoffensive manner - if that is what you desire.

Count your blessings that you are free of the bastards and you can speak your mind. Let them know in no uncertain terms that they are completely irrelevant to you in your 'new' life.

cheeses - who is disappointed that the elders do not care for him to even attempt to make such a visit.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

A lot will depend on how you feel and what you want to happen.

Do you want the visit?

Do you still believe?

Do you want to stay close for family reasons?

Do you not give a rats hairy f***ing a$$?

Do you want to try to prove a point?

All these things will figure into what the appropriate response is. Chances are, there's a CO visit upcoming.

If you've been in since 75 surely you know all the lies...the changes...etc...it doesn't sound like you have many social or familial ties...why not just leave it alone? There are plenty of Churches out there that would greet you warmly...and have active singles groups...for all ages.

Oh, and welcome to the Board.

Yerusalyim

"Vanity, it's still my favorite sin!"

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'd say "F*CK YOU"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit