Elder's Visit -- What do you say

by CaptK 23 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

I have been D'F for over a year and two elders came by to see me for a breif visit. What are they looking for ? What do you say when they arrive ? Are they making an inspection of your place of residence or you ? Really just what are they looking for. Do you tell them the honest truth or do you tell them what they want to hear. I do not know if someone is trying to catagorize the person like an interviewer for a job. As you know one person can state positive comments and another person might take it as negative critical thinking. So what do you do

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I say nothing

show them the middle finger, and that usually ended the conversation.

• Scully
    Scully

Did they say what was the purpose of their visit? Did you ask them?

In any case, perhaps a close encounter with Messrs. Smith & Wesson will get them to think twice about making a Return Visitâ„¢ any time soon.

Love, Scully

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

okay, seriously though, I never heard from the elders after I had left (I was never baptized, but born into the borg), had been gone about 5 years, then the day before I was leaving to move 2000 miles away, I get a phone call from the elders saying they would like to talk to me, I was in shock, they insisted they wanted to come over and talk to me.

I stood my ground and said " You know. you haven't talked to me in over 5 years maybe longer, so don't start now. I don't fit into your clique so get lost." and slammed the phone down, never heard from them again, I did leave the next day and moved across the country, and never looked back.

But had I not moved, god only knows what would of happened ???

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

oh and by the way CaptK

welcome to the board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

If you are already DF'd, then the elders might have done their obligatory apochryphal (sp?) once a year visit to check and see if you want to be reinstated and how to do that. Just tell them that you are verrrrry happy now and that your spiritual life has improved so much since you left. Tell them that if you want to come back, you will let them know. Don't get into a big discussion though.

Blondie

No pearls before swine

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hey CaptK,

Welcome.

Before I could really give advice, I have to ask what your intentions are.

Do you want to rejoin the org, or do you want nothing to do w/the WTS?

AFAIK, elders are supposed to touch base with DF'd folk living in the territory to see if they want to come back to the org. every year unless the DF'd person instructs them otherwise. Most don't though.

The rate of growth is down in the WTS, especially in the USA, so they are scraping around looking to reactivate potential members.

Winston.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It appears that the elders are seeking you out, and not the other way around.

If you have no intentions of returning to the Borganization, then just tell them so.

Do they deserve the "honest truth"? Is the organization really honest and its leaders humble, in your estimation? If not, then why give them the "honest truth".

In the words of Jack Nicholson -- TRUTH? THEY AREN'T READY TO HEAR TRUTH.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome Captk!!!

My advice? Don't go to anymore meetings, don't meet with the elders and start living your life.

• kls
    kls

Welcome to the best place. The thought i have when someone say's they are expecting an elder visit is to remember,you can say no.You do not have to be polite.You owe them nothing.So many people feel elders are some kind of greatness and owe them respect and kindness when they are only out to recruit or get back members.If the devil himself wanted to visit would you think of an excuse or just say NO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit