Red Alert - Propaganda is Being Used!!!!!!!!

by The Searcher 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• careful
    careful

They must really be getting worried. While they have always used the "imperfect men" excuse there seems to be a tinge of desperation to it now ...

Even if people have no exposure to apostate activism they are still waking up all on their own, WT has to be aware of this trend.

Spot on, sparrowdown!

I remember back in the mid-80s when there was the harsh crackdown in WT literature following the exit of RF and others from Brooklyn. One brother who was very experienced in the org said to me, "They are really running scared now." The same principle is at work again. As to your last question, surely there must further skeletons in the closet.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The kings of spin and propoganda explaining propoganda. Good one WT, you've reached a new level of hypocrisy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Isn't a real man the guy who says, "I'm sorry. I'll make it right"?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@careful - if they were "running scared" in the 80s then now with the internet "speeding up the work" (lol) of waking people up they must be sh***ing themselves - I hope anyway.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

These kinds of statements in Watchtowers make me sick, as I know that most congregants will lap it up, including close family members, who will stake their lives on what the 7 leaders say.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

ITS PAGE 30 not 20 - top paragraph.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Two things that article said stand out to me. The first is:

"Do not be “quickly shaken from your reason” when faced with what appear to be damaging attacks by apostates or other such deceivers of the mind—however plausible their charges may seem."

Notice that it said, "however plausible their charges may seem". In other words, don't believe it even if it's true because it came from an apostate. I have known that an apostate could say that Trump is the president, but a JW will refute it simply because it came from an apostate.

Also, this point stood out: "Surely there is ample evidence to show that you can trust the channel that Jehovah has used for nearly a hundred years now to lead us in the way of truth."

So, there not counting any time before 1918? I think that's a new thought.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

What this is tantamount to saying is: "Please, please don't leave us. We need you!!!"

It's insulting really. Of course, the diehards and those too old to leave would stick around no matter what happened. Sad but true.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

ttdtt - he knows Richard Oliver already pointed it out.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    "Keep in mind that Satan does not want you to think clearly or reason things out well. Why? Because propaganda “is likely to be most effective,” says one source, “if people . . . are discouraged from thinking critically.”"

Critical thinking skills are not even taught in this country until college, and since college is condemned, then what would anyone at the KH even begin to know about critical thinking?

And I always love it when they give us detailed information on where their material is coming from ....."says one source"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit