Ozzie's Midweek Survey: How long did you doubt?

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

#1. Just a few flashes of doubt about peripheral issues, such as:

• no sex/marriage for the resurrected: that's just cruel.
    • On reading Awake! article saying that AIDS was a judgement from God: "I don't know how much longer I can keep teaching this shit. Oops! Did I really think that?"

Each of these doubt flashes were efficiently suppressed.

#3. But they were spread out over about ten years.

#5. How could I doubt? I actually bought into the party line on all the major doctrines and issues, because the first lesson they taught me, I learned too well -- that all outside authorities are suspect.I didn't consider leaving until I saw what a corrosive effect Keeping Integrity TM was having on my conscience - and when I first made up my mind, I phrased it this way: "This may be the true religion, but it's making ME a liar!"

gently feral

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

about 5 months did it for me...

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would say that I doubted for several years. I certainly didn't give it a lot of thought, and that is why.

If I had known all that I know now, I would have left sooner. It just was not a large priority for me to leave. Not like I was going to many meetings anyways.

Just faded away, learned more about the WTS, and now know for certain that they are not the truth.

• sens
    sens

Hi..
    I had doubts for years...so 3.

I never believed the 144,000 teaching, though ofcourse I never said that, I opted to keep it to myself rather than have 'endless' lectures on it. And Always had it in mind that when the big day hit there would be others (not jw) who would survive. Also I couldnt believe that Genuinly Good People Would Just be nuked.

I didnt think the Governing Body Were All Annointed Either.

Hence Im Here

3 Sens 4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit