As a JW did you ever date in secret?

by Victorian sky 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sandy
    sandy

I dated a guy for two years off and on while I was an active JW. From the time I was 16 to 18 years old. He was the sweetest guy I ever knew. He just recently married and is having his first child. My parents were never strict so it was pretty easy to get away with.

Looking back, I know they wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. I was just keeping up appearances for the congregation members.

I dated him again for 3 months about 2 years after I became completely inactive but the feelings were not there anymore. Now they are just bittersweet memories.

Now I date "worldly" men like they are going out of style. LOL, j/k

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

First date, senior in HS, lied to get the car, took her to a matinee! She was a wonderful woman I met from another HS. I was fricking terrified, but excited in a good way. We never went on another date, but are still friends 19 years later. Ironically, I stopped being religious and she started, and is married to a very nice guy from my HS who is now a Methodist minister.

I think my mom knew what I was doing but was glad to find out I wasn't gay :) (not that there's anything wrong with that, darnit).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit