YOU ARE HER EVERYTHING!

by Atlantis 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

If I might offer a word of encouragement, never let anything be your everything. As someone that works in the ex-JW community (and with other exes) to help people heal and move on, identity issues are residual from exposure to the cult. We don't know who we are so we are a mere reflection of others and therefore subject to being overcome by the thoughts and feelings of others. Petra doesn't need us to tell her anything if she's secure in who she is.

I don't know how old Petra is but please work toward healing. Perfectionism, people pleasing, depression, anxiety, etc. are often the residue of a certain type of life that many of us lived.

Take care of yourself. You do good work but none of that defines you. You are bigger than that. We've just been made to feel small because that's how we were able to be controlled. Sending a hug and I hope you keep working on growing as an individual and healing. :)

• jazzmaniac91
    jazzmaniac91

Please let Petra know we all are thinking about her and hope she feels better soon. Also, I'd like to recommend she obtain a light box to help her when she's feeling really depressed. I also struggle against major depressive disorder and sitting in front of the little light really helps me feel better, especially during the winter

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

dubstepped:

I think the real reason she was hanging by a thread was because 2 years ago before the virus started up, Petra was to be married in Italy. She will be 26 years old this next time around.

15 minutes before her father was to walk her down the aisle of the church, her man to be walked out of the church, got in his car and hauled ass. Leaving Petra and her father standing there in shock. Once again she felt rejected and stomped into the dirt.

I think that caused her to have only one thing left to cling to, and that was this board of people. When she thought she messed up in that too, the last thread broke inside her and she fell head-first into that deep dark hole of depression.

All of us at one time or another have been through it. All of us have had to dig deep down within ourselves to find a reason to continue on, after we fell into depression.

In Switzerland with female family members, and a farm full of animals and nature, Petra will be in a different world of support. Everything around her will accept her and build her up.

The ladies over there are always making quilts, and cheese, and chocolates, and the whole farm life will be a refreshing change of positive experiences and support.

She will walk outside and be able to feed the horses, and cows, and ducks, and the dogs and cats will be following her around everywhere she goes.

Look at Florida, and then look at Switzerland, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that those two places are worlds apart in scenery.

Ok, I better shut up now and make some breakfast.

Atlantis!

To the other posters out there, thank you very much for you kindness. And yes, I am buying the next round!

Atlantis!

• carla
    carla

Sending much love to Atlantis and Petra! Hope Grandpa doesn't worry too much and am so happy Petra is able to be in such a beautiful positive environment! Health and love to you both.

ps- much thanks for all the work with documents!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Atlantis

I've survived a lot. You look back and realise that actually you are sometimes better off alone, even if you'd never choose to have it that way.

In my next video I mention a sis from Italy who married one being groomed to be an elder. He was a cruel man and gaslighted his wife. She was not allowed to speak. The elders joined together as an old boys' club and protected the one they wanted to make an elder.

When a newly interested person joined the cong, he (the newly interested one) could see that her eyes were screaming at him, "these people are mad." He never forgot that look. He knew she needed help but did not know how to help her. Later she killed herself.

So better to find out now that someone is going to wipe their feet all over you than marry that person and find out then.

People don't half kick you in the teeth sometimes. But once you understand that is what some so and sos do and it's no reflection on yourself it does help. It's a massive comfort. You learn that in order to protect your feelings you need to turn away from those people until they learn how to behave with genuine loving kindness.

Hope Petra is feeling better in Switzerland.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

carla:

Thank you dear friend! I will share the documents I get as I know she would want me to.

Happy holidays and stay safe because we need you.

Atlantis!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Sent a response to the email but in case you aren't reviewing, I wanted to send along my best wishes for Petra. She's done a fantastic job and her efforts are appreciated. In reading this, see she's definitely experienced some rough times. Sending her virtual hugs!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Anna Marina:

Yes, that is what Petra's father said. It was better that Petra found out "before" she married him to discover that he was no good. It is better to be alone than for two people to be together and at each others throats all the time.

I have a BOE the Watchtower wrote counseling the elders to stop going to meetings smelling of liquor. It was a letter from the 1980's. So many elders and their wives are on alcohol or antidepressants.

The very elders judging in judicial committees could be liquored up, or buzzing on meds that would disqualify them from taking the lead.

The letter used the word ( Reports ), which is "plural" and means there was more than one report of elders going to meetings smelling of booze.

Shameful!

Atlantis!

• LV101
    LV101

ATLANTIS -- can I check into the farm? Sounds beautiful.

Best!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Doubting Bro:

Got your message and sent another email and hope it works this time. Thank you so very much for the compassion and understanding. We hope you will have safe and joyful holidays. Keep safe because every member here is needed.

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit