Introduction

by robrog8999 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Arguing about doctrine is like arguing with alphabet soup.

• flipper
    flipper

Rob- Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your stay here. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• fokyc
    fokyc
    I am here to:
    READ TESTIMONIES FROM MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH
    LEARN FROM MEMBERS (BELIEFS, DOCTRINES, HISTORY OF THE CHURCH/FAITH)
    & TO READ ADVICE FROM MEMBERS.
    Notice how I mentioned 'members' several times...I really want info coming from just that, rather then former members or critics.

This chap is unbelievable!

• notalone
    notalone

Dear Robert, I was a 4th generation jw. My family had been in it from the time of Russell. I Pioneered (90 hrs a month in door to door activities) I moved to where the need was greater twice. I have read everything that has been printed since the 50's. I read their old encyclopedia and both volumes of their newer encyclopedia twice. Every morning and night before bed I read the daily text. I worked hard to read a chapter in the Bible each night. I loved Revelation and Daniel and thrived on prophecy. I sang kingdom songs as lullaby's to my children and home schooled them. I was so in. Christianity is not about knowing things, though this is valuable. Christianity is about who you are, your relationship with Almighty God and Jesus. Christianity is about seeing and interacting with others the way Jesus did. Christianity is about taking Christ's teaching into your heart and life. Christianity is indelibly entwined with the grace of God. Jehovah's witnesses do not have any idea what that is. I remember the day when a lady I was visiting with mentioned 'grace'. In my mind and heart there was nothing. When I looked it up, there was still nothing. The idea of grace was foreign. So I looked everywhere I could. To be one of Jehovah's Witnesses you must first and completely recognize you will always be ,undeserving,. The only way you will ever have any value is to work continuously to follow the ever changing whims of the governing body ( seven men who dispense all current knowledge from God) PLEASE, unless you are a pedophile, look up the Australian Royal Commission. This happens everywhere! As to religions that do not believe in the Trinity, Unitarians do not believe in the trinity or a burning hell and they allow you to take the spiritual path you need to follow and not shun you if your path differs from them. If it is spiritual freedom you are looking for, please keep looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit