I know you are lying

by Me.Wonderful 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Me.Wonderful
    Me.Wonderful

Did you ever reach a point in field service , you knew you were lying to people ?

Just before the pandemic , I had an encounter with a witness and i didn't let on who I was or my past. I just very politely listened to his nonsense. Most of it being the unique dogmas and legalisms of the organization. Finally he came to the 1914 doctrine and I said " You are not going to show me a bunch of nonsense of how failed predictions are actually just marked years ".

His face dropped like I just ran over his puppy, he stopped what he was doing and politely just excused him. I tried to give him my phone number because I was so interested in hearing about it but he refused.

I laughed. Poor bugger.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I hated going out in service. The funny thing is, I am a good salesperson when I believe in what I'm selling. From the age of 5 I had big questions about the doctrine that no one would answer. I always felt like a fake and I always knew that I wasn't going out in service to spread truth but to fulfill my quota so that I could be a good JW... face less consequences.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I really hope that dislike on me.wonderful's post was a case of "fat fingers".

Because if it wasn't, whoever you are, you are absolutely lying to yourself.

Another "poor bugger"🤣

I stopped going out officially in field service long before I really woke up me.Wonderful. But like a lot of POMI's when I informally witnessed I did so using my own "doctrine" - ie I refused to believe that every non JW would die, pretended to myself shunning wasn't a thing and never defended the blood doctrine that I no longer believed in.

• ElderStuckin
    ElderStuckin

I just conducted a Bible Study in the new publication. I know it’s all a BIG FAT LIE but I am stuck for now.

I was 20 in 1985 when I got baptized. I had a standard Christendom upbringing. At age 19, my parents both died suddenly. I was heartbroken and unknowingly the perfect target for a cult that seemed to have all the answers.

I became a ministerial servant in 1988. I have been serving as an elder since 1993. I am also a regular pioneer and have attended the pioneer school 3 times and served at Bethel for 3 years.

I know for a fact now that Jehovah’s Witnesses are a deceptive, mind-controlling cult. I’m so sorry that so many of my Bible students were baptized. I’m also sorry that I disfellowshipped so many.

Hopefully, I will be able to share more information that might help others who are stuck to think clearly and to know they are not alone.

This is not the religion I joined in 1985. I know I never would have been baptized if the internet would have been available when I was studying.

Everything has changed, not just the embarrassing overlapping generation but also the identity of the faithful slave and even the meaning of God’s name. What’s next? They know 1914 is bogus too!

• Biahi
    Biahi

Welcome to the forum, Elderstuckin!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Elderstuckin, I feel your pain. I would guess you are held prisoner by having been woven in to the fabric of the org by marriage children etc, extended family. The quiet, insidious entrapment.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

welcome to the 2 new members--both posting.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I quit Field Service before I knew I was lying to people. I was selling the Live Forever book d2d when one lady told me that most Christians already believed in a paradise earth, they just don't call it that. She said they call it the Millennium Reign.

It suddenly dawned on me that something was seriously wrong with my understanding. I realized that I was trying to sell a concept that "Christendom" already had. A little research quickly revealed the problem.

Christian literalists already believe the survivors of the GT will inherit the earth. Church age Christians will have been removed in the "Catching away".

Once I understood this, I could no longer go d2d. True, the sequence was different, but the concept was essentially the same. I realized that Christendom didn't have the phony 1914 return doctrine, like we did. And, without that, not much difference.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Everything has changed, not just the embarrassing overlapping generation but also the identity of the faithful slave and even the meaning of God’s name.

What does the Watchtower now say God's name means?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I couldn’t go in field service anymore, because I didn’t want anyone to convert, and be as miserable as me. I dropped magazines in laundromats for 1 hour a month. That is all I could stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit