After being in the so-called "Truth" makes me despise all religions.

by Fader812 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I despise all organised religion, too.

If you still want to believe in God in some vague way, why not just have it as a personal, private belief?

If you've lost all faith in God, that's cool, too.

Believe it or not, there are also some Christian principles that are good - obeying the law of the land, husbands being faithful to their wives and loving their wives as their own bodies, forgiving others up to 77 times (putting up with others' 'imperfections'), pursuing peace.

• tiki
    tiki

Yep....all religion is man made and flawed due to differing perceptions. To me truth is reality. I do believe in a universal intelligence, creator...but the nature of a spirit being eludes me...being human...physical. I believe in Christian values....think people should be kind and respectful to one another. I believe in strong ethics...and want justice and peace and for people to have what they need. But I also recognize that people not necessarily "Christian" in belief system can live by and advocate for the same precepts. Religion in itself means little more than a bunch of people coming together for whatever reason....core values are what matter, and they are individually developed and practiced.

• venus
    venus

If I had done my homework and carefully ready at least three verses of the Bible (Mathew 7:21-23) I would not have joined JWs.

Jesus had already ruled out JWs when he said: "The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’because the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21) See how JWs contradicts Jesus saying Kingdom is established in 1914, and the invisible presence of the King is here ...and these are the signs of his presence ...etc.

• venus
    venus

There is no point in regretting. Even religious leaders had no answers to serious questions (John 9:1-3) which means everyone has to make his own conclusion. It seems Bertrand Russell made a good attempt in this regard. He said: “Philosophical contemplation enlarges not only the objects of our thoughts, but also the objects of our actions and our affections; it makes us citizens of the universe, not only of one walled city at war with all the rest. In this citizenship of the universe exists all true freedom, and liberation from the thralldom of narrow dogmas and fears."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

NO more religion for us. NEVER EVER AGAIN!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

One thing being a JW did real well is show you how all other religions are False - so when you find out JWs are false, well - why would you go to one of the others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Fadey one.

What do you do? The answer is whatever works for you.

Don't listen to anyone else. They're just people the same as you. None has a special knowledge or link to a netherworld entity. They are all just as full as nonsense as the next person. They have no special knowledge that you don't have.

I have come to disbelieve that there is any guiding intelligence or god. I'm at peace with that. I really don't think there is a purpose to life.....it just is. When we die, that's it. Game over.

I have come to see the human race as tribal and oft deluded.

Live your life now.....there's no real concrete evidence of anything after. That's just wishful thinking.

• Giordano
    Giordano

So Fader the shit has hit the fan.....what do you do? Unplug the fan.

Tidy up and get on with your day.

Take a break from the silent God and his silent son unless you need to keep them close, want to keep them close. That's up to you.

Take a vacation from religious life. Eric Hoffer put it this way:

It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible. What we know as blind faith is sustained by innumerable unbelief's.
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Yep. Even as an atheist, I liked the witnesses' religion...that is until I dug a little deeper. Today I can't stand Christianity.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The very nature of religious doctrine and faith makes me despise all religion. Growing up in a cult just made it more obvious that it deserves no respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit